Closet gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closet gay

What can you comment for those who are in the hiding? Those people who are called closet gays?
    Do you consider them as coward or pretentious?

We could not blame them. There are places where gays are not accepted and they have no choice but to keep in the hide. Or they may have some other reasons why coming out is not an option for them.

Comment

• Boosh
      Boosh commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a bit good thing that while it is not that accepted here, at least, I was not born in a country where homosexuality is a crime and punishable.

• ThaDude
      ThaDude commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by ButtThrust View Post
      There are places where gays are not accepted and they have no choice but to keep in the hide.
      Considering that these gays are NOT pretentious and/or cowards in situations like this. It's hard to walk in their shoes because they struggle to live like they're just regular people but with the rational fear of hatred and any forms of abuse that are bound to happen any time soon if they get caught.

• Steezy
      Steezy commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel sorry for them for not showing who they really are. ButtThrust

A. They are NOT coward, and B. They are NOT pretentious as well, closeted gays exist because of judgmental people who can't stick their nose on their own shit. I was once closeted when I was young and it took me months when I convinced myself to finally come out of my shell. It was fine for me but to some, I was mocked, and I get to see who truly loves and accepts me. I'm not a coward or a pretentious kid after all.

Comment

• Cube
      Cube commented
      Editing a comment
      JayKay How can you say that I am not closeted at all? What made you think that?

• JayKay
      JayKay commented
      Editing a comment
      Cube well you said you were once a closeted gay. So I suppose you already got over it and started to accept yourself for who you really are.

• Cube
      Cube commented
      Editing a comment
      JayKay yes I no longer have to hide who I am but the process was not easy. Being at the center of humiliation and judgement is not an easy thing to overcome. But this world has become a better place to live and show who we really are. Acceptance by the public is really big now a days.

What makes them coward? Simple, it's the fear of discrimination, harassment, and other abuses that would lead to being pretentious. As to pretending that you are straight when you're actually gay. What I hate about it is that we are in denial of ourselves and feel left out. We must keep in mind that we are not alone, and that someone out there could help us feel more comfortable of ourselves.

Comment

• Cyrax
      Cyrax commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, it's sometimes hard to reach out to others if they wanted to isolate themselves. But all in all, it takes a lot of patience and understanding, saving lives could be draining and sometimes you wouldn't even notice that you need a little saving too.

• Stanlee
      Stanlee commented
      Editing a comment
      There are many gay men who are in this situation in countries where homosexuality is illegal. Just imagine all the hardships of emotions for their repressed true feelings.

• Steezy
      Steezy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I agree, and we should live like others you know free to do things that what we want. Conan

I could call them as pretentious. Why pretend for something which you are not? Why claim to be a man when you are really gay? Why not just say to the world that you are gay? Be gay and be proud of it.

Comment

• MannaMontana
      MannaMontana commented
      Editing a comment
      So it hasn't crossed your mind that they might end up being shunned or have their life completely ruined by coming out of the closet?

• Cloud69
      Cloud69 commented
      Editing a comment
      LumberJacked Well, I got your point. I know that there are some countries where you could not come. That your life would be at risk if you do. But, actually, I am not referring about them. I am talking about the people who are living in the free world.

• Cloud69
      Cloud69 commented
      Editing a comment
      MannaMontana Of course, I have thought of that. It is just that they are living in a fake world when they do not come out in the open. I had read about this married man so had been thinking of men since he was 9 years old. A married man who never came out. Well, that was a torture on his self.

Neither. Since you're not going to be of any help for that person if you call him names

Comment

• Scorpio
      Scorpio commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand your point not to call names but what can you say about them, then?

• DurtyDirke
      DurtyDirke commented
      Editing a comment
      Scorpio I think that he has no plans of using names on that person

They may be closeted but they also do some hidden activities. Guess what those hidden activities are?

Comment

• MickeyDee
      MickeyDee commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure what you mean by doing some hidden activities? I think that everybody (straight, gay, closeted, etc...) do things that they rather keep in private

All I can say to them is that you're not the only one who's still in the closet and you can come out when you think it is the right time for you

Comment

• TylerBurden
      TylerBurden commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you going to help him come out if he feels like that right time would not come

They should not be afraid of everyone, I understand what they feel, but they should think of themselves.

Comment

• Steezy
      Steezy commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah. tho it really takes time and courage.

• BangGang
      BangGang commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it is totally unfair for yourself if you keep on hiding. how can you achieve real happiness if you won't even let yourself be free. everyone deserves to be free right? @freezy

I really understand those people who keep hiding their closet. I know that they are afraid of what others are gonna say. and you know society is so mean.

Comment

• Proxie
      Proxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes the society is mean but we have to let ourselves out at one point in time. It is a scary process at first but we will surely get over this.

hmmpp reading all your comments makes me thing why would someone still say on the closet when there are too many people who actually cares. Thanks Folks!

Comment

• SeanDoe
      SeanDoe commented
      Editing a comment
      because the people that matters the most has not accepted it. it's different dude. lucky are those that we accepted from the very beginning

• Grifter
      Grifter commented
      Editing a comment
      Easier said than done Steezy. not everyone had it easy. so we gotta just keep each others back buddy

• Grifter
      Grifter commented
      Editing a comment
      right on the spot SeanDoe sometimes what we need is just one acceptance and we do not care about the rest

everyone has their own time to come out Let's just hope it won't take long for them to show who they are. it's depressing to keep it all in you

Comment

• Artoo
      Artoo commented
      Editing a comment
      how old were you when you came out? were you accepted right away? my parents were divorced and it was just me and my Nana. Had no problem telling her I was gay. she was even happy lol

• JoJoFlex
      JoJoFlex commented
      Editing a comment
      Artoo grannies are always the best.. they will always love you no matter what and they always have your back. My Nana loved me best in the world. sad she passed away

• Grifter
      Grifter commented
      Editing a comment
      hmmpp yes I agree but are they not fooling themselves too? trying to hide but eventually fucking a dick at the sideways? are all closet gays not fucking guys?
Working...
X