Out Of Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out Of Touch

Has any of you feel that you're basically out of touch when it comes to the things that are considered cool or trendy these days?

I'm guessing that you've officially entered the adult stage lol. Because that's what I felt when Creed and Puddle Of Mudd were blasting in the airwaves

Comment

• CaptainSucko
      CaptainSucko commented
      Editing a comment
      What else do you listen to? Have you tried Jazz or Indie? DurtyDirke

• BackRubSlut
      BackRubSlut commented
      Editing a comment
      You could still be trendy and cool even at the adult stage. Just keep in touch with the in things.

I'm already out of touch for more than ten years when it comes to what the kids are into these days

Comment

• SeanDoe
      SeanDoe commented
      Editing a comment
      10 years is already too long. Would you like to update your knowledge on the cool and trendy now?

Sort of. I have been busy with work for many years now and I am getting a bit old so I do not have much time catching up with the trendy things nowadays.

Comment

• TwinkleToes
      TwinkleToes commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess it is a stage of life where when we grow older, we tend to disregard all those trends and cool stuffs.

• MickeyDee
      MickeyDee commented
      Editing a comment
      TwinkleToes Are you also like me? Did you feel that way, too?

A bit out touch but not quite as I still know some of the cool or trendy ones. But I guess, as we age, we tend not to care much on the cool and trendy ones.

Comment

• RyanUlrich
      RyanUlrich commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you often hang out with people who are younger than you that's why you're somewhat updated

• StiffySteve
      StiffySteve commented
      Editing a comment
      RyanUlrich Yeah. I have friends who are 10 years younger than I am so somehow I am still updated with the trends. Thanks to them.

I try and be updated when it comes to music. And some of them are really good ones in my opinion

Comment

• Cornholio
      Cornholio commented
      Editing a comment
      So what was the last album or record that you've liked that was from a new artist?

I try and see what are the kids into these days every once in a while. And there are things that are worth watching or listen to

Comment

• GirthyGrills
      GirthyGrills commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you watch Netflix and listen to Spotify?

I've been out of touch with the latest trends around five years right after graduating in college

Comment

• CockyMalone
      CockyMalone commented
      Editing a comment
      So are you still listening to the same bands or singers that you enjoyed listening in your college years?

• IronBulge
      IronBulge commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes some of them CockyMalone. But mostly I enjoy bosa nova jazz musics now

I know that there are things that I'm completely clueless and I don't really care about it

Comment

• BiggieBalls
      BiggieBalls commented
      Editing a comment
      Trends come and go and some will just go back on being trendy

• LumberJacked
      LumberJacked commented
      Editing a comment
      lol. Hey, at least there is someone here who is similar with me.

I would try and update myself from time to time with some of my coworkers that are younger than me

Comment

• LollySucker
      LollySucker commented
      Editing a comment
      So you would often ask them what the "kids" into these days? lol

• GagDaddy
      GagDaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      LollySucker I get to ask some of my coworkers too. They're into lo-fi hip-hop kinds of music and slow driving near the beach. Basically, they're bringing back the good old stuff!

• BabyBoyBum
      BabyBoyBum commented
      Editing a comment
      LollySucker lol. Not directly asking them. I would often say "Oh, is that the new trend now?" Then, they would begin to tell stories and I need to listen attentively. And voila, I had known new updates again.

Well, trends always come and go and it will just repeat itself. But most of us gays, we're good at being trendsetters, right?

Comment

• Artoo
      Artoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Trends are just repetitive, yes. But it's how you strut your style in those clothes.

• LarsRocco
      LarsRocco commented
      Editing a comment
      What about when it comes to music? Do you listen to new artists or just stick to your favorite ones?
Working...
X