Coping mechanisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coping mechanisms

After a devastating breakup, what will be your coping mechanisms? Would you rather eat excessively or drink excessively?
    Because if you'd ask me, I'd usually do both simultaneously so I won't either of those excessively.

Does crying excessively counts? Lol, kidding! I'd rather go out and drink with my friends, but not too much.

Comment

• LollySucker
      LollySucker commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought you were serious with the crying excessively thing. lol. But, seriously, would you cry a bit for that lost lover?

I would eat a lot. Nothing beats good food. I think that eating a lot is better than drinking a lot. What good would alcohol bring to me?

Comment

• BackRubSlut
      BackRubSlut commented
      Editing a comment
      But aren't you afraid of getting fat? Excessive eating will lead you to weight gain or are you the type that doesn't get fat easily?

Originally posted by Thighler View Post
    After a devastating breakup, what will be your coping mechanisms? Would you rather eat excessively or drink excessively?
    Because if you'd ask me, I'd usually do both simultaneously so I won't either of those excessively.
    I'd always drink excessively, why? Nothing heals a broken heart with an iced cold beer with good friends. I might even find myself a one night stand in those bars, just a thought of it now really makes me happy.

Comment

• CockednLoaded
      CockednLoaded commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. I always look forward for those one night stands. The only gripe that I have is that a drunk sex is not that great.

Devastating breakup? I had few breakups already but none of those was devastating. lol. Alright, if ever the breakup was devastating, then I would just eat it out excessively. I could not drink much as that might affect my health.

Comment

• IncredibleBulge
      IncredibleBulge commented
      Editing a comment
      Eat out and indulge in your comfort foods, they will surely make you feel better even just for a little while.

After a breakup whether it is devastating or not, I usually get myself a drink. Well, not a single drink but a few drinks. It's my way of contemplating about what happened. But I don't usually get drunk. A few drinks are already fine with me.

Comment

• SeanDoe
      SeanDoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you usually drink with your friends? Or do you drink alone? Because I usually drink alone in the comfort of my home if I don't have plans of getting wasted, but there's something about me that I'd love to do, and that is going out drinking with friends and getting myself drunk.

I do both! Well not simultaneously. My routine goes this way, on the day of breakup, I drink as much as I can. The next day, after I get my hangover cured, I'll find a restaurant that I like and order more food that I usually order.

Comment

• BaconLover
      BaconLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, you must be living the dream after the break-up! Drinking and eating? I wish I can do those things too, but sometimes I'd just stay in bed and cry myself a waterfall.

I prefer eating rather than drinking. Because when I drink, I tend to do some drunk texts so I might drunk text my ex and say that I want him back. That will only make me look desperate and I don't want that.

Comment

• JayKay
      JayKay commented
      Editing a comment
      That means that you still like your ex. Of course, it is not easy to just forget someone that you had loved.

Could I deviate and say have sex excessively? Yeah. I could do some hookups with various men and ask them to have sex with me. It would be a temporary relief from the pain of a breakup.

Comment

• BigBrony
      BigBrony commented
      Editing a comment
      You can have sex with different guys as your coping mechanisms but excessively? Wow! You've got a lot of stamina to have multiple hookups there.

I guess I'll drink excessively and party hard. I'll enjoy with what I'm doing and let myself loosen up. In that way, I might find someone to replace my ex.

Comment

• ButtThrust
      ButtThrust commented
      Editing a comment
      Replace him immediately? Don't you want to give your time to heal first? That's what I'll do if I were you.

I won't do any of that because I think that's a sign of self-destruction. Anyway, after a breakup, I'll treat and spoil myself. Because I know that that is what i deserve.

Comment

I would eat excessively it really is comforting but I see that it had a downside
      of making me fat so I try to make myself busy, be productive and make myself
      better I'm already broken why break myself any further

Comment

none of the above when I'm suffering from a heartbreak what I do is I spend
        all the energy on running, exercising or working out at the gym being busy takes
        my mind of things, it's sad but it works

Comment

Working...
        X