How Long Does It Take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Does It Take

Since this topic is all about breakups, how long does it usually takes you before you totally get over your ex? Mine would be around a month or month and a half.

It depends on how long we've been together. The fastest one took me only two weeks, while the longest was around six months (I think).

Comment

• CaptainSucko
      CaptainSucko commented
      Editing a comment
      How long were you with the guy that it took you six months to get over him?

• ChokingHazard
      ChokingHazard commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainSucko they might have been together more than a year that's why it took him that long before he was able to move on from the guy.

It usually takes me around three months before I truly recover from a break up.

Comment

• ThaThrist
      ThaThrist commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you guys act strange if you guys accidentally meet? Jilter

• Jilter
      Jilter commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, it depends on the person if I am really attached to him. MannaMontana

• Jilter
      Jilter commented
      Editing a comment
      ThaThrist Yeah sometimes, and sometimes I act as a friend. lol.

It only took me a week before to get over him and it's easy to move on if you got reserves.

Comment

• JayKay
      JayKay commented
      Editing a comment
      What exactly do you mean that you got reserves? Does it mean you got two partners?

• ThaThrist
      ThaThrist commented
      Editing a comment
      Aweek? That's a fast bud. you are so lucky that you would only take a week.

It depends on how much I care about the guy. Normally for me, I can take up to 3 weeks and I am open to finding another one again.

Comment

• MickeyDee
      MickeyDee commented
      Editing a comment
      Does it also take you three weeks even if you've been together for more than a year?

It takes a month for me to mourn and move on especially if you love him so much. The last one for me was about a month for me to get better.

Comment

• GirthyGrills
      GirthyGrills commented
      Editing a comment
      And what's the first thing that you did once that month of mourning ended? Did you have rebound sex with the first guy who hit on you?

• SeanDoe
      SeanDoe commented
      Editing a comment
      SamMB Nope, I'm just flirting with them. we're just having fun.

• SeanDoe
      SeanDoe commented
      Editing a comment
      GirthyGrills I would like to do that, but I think that is not gonna work for me to move on.

I think that two months is long enough for me to recover from a heartbreak.

Comment

• BiggieBalls
      BiggieBalls commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure that you're going to be fine within two months even if the relationship was a long term one?

• BangGang
      BangGang commented
      Editing a comment
      How long does it usually take you before you get over a guy? Just wondering since you mentioned that two months is considered a long time for you.

• TylerBurden
      TylerBurden commented
      Editing a comment
      BangGang 3-5 weeks, I'm not the type who likes to linger in the pain of break up. BiggieBalls I cannot really say that its the same with long term relationship as I haven't been in that situation yet.

It depends on who causes the breakup and if it's me. It will only take a week if ever I let him out of my mind with no alcohols included.

Comment

• BigBrony
      BigBrony commented
      Editing a comment
      Does it mean you are open to dating again if you already move on in a week without the three months rule?

• LarsRocco
      LarsRocco commented
      Editing a comment
      And what if the guy that you're dating was the one who broke up it with you? Will it be longer than a week?

It can take anywhere from six weeks to three months to forever, depending on how intense the relationship was.

Comment

• TeeRex
      TeeRex commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you've never recovered from a heartbreak since you've mentioned that it might even take forever for you to recover.

Most of the time it takes me a month of two before I recover from a breakup.

Comment

• Steezy
      Steezy commented
      Editing a comment
      BobbyD I would suggest to remove everything that would remind you of your ex and try your best to keep yourself busy.

• HottieTotty
      HottieTotty commented
      Editing a comment
      BobbyD I agree with Steezy keeping myself busy works perfectly for me when it comes to moving on.@CockyMalone more on casual

• Steezy
      Steezy commented
      Editing a comment
      HottieTotty That's good to hear, some broken-hearted wasting their time to get drunk.

If it ever takes you 3 months, I think that's long enough and believe me I can only mourn and get it over in two weeks.

Comment

• Stanlee
      Stanlee commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure that it only takes you two weeks to recover from a breakup?

nah, it depends if you really like that person. or how much you love that person. If you really love that person then it's really hard to move on maybe it takes months or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
      nah, it depends if you really like that person. or how much you love that person. If you really love that person then it's really hard to move on maybe it takes months or more.
      moving on from someone takes really a long time but getting laid by another does not need a long time. You have to play around to move one

Comment

• Drifter
        Drifter commented
        Editing a comment
        BobbyD I always put that in my mind, but there are times that we remember it.

• BobbyD
        BobbyD commented
        Editing a comment
        Drifter That is pretty normal special;ly if you like that person.

• Drifter
        Drifter commented
        Editing a comment
        BobbyD I agree, you will not feel sad or anything if you did not love that person.

when you say get over by means of liking somebody new, that takes not too long. But they for me, they really do not go away. They stay with us only that we do not need their presence.

Comment

I have a friend who still inlove with her ex. Actually it's been a year since they split up. but she is still stalking me until now.

Comment

Working...
        X