I feel it's time for me to let go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel it's time for me to let go

I've been often seeing this guy that I met on manplay and I get the feeling that it's developing into some that he's not ready for. When we first met, he made it clear that he didn't want to get into anything serious. He had just broken up and he only wanted to have fun and I was okay with that. We get along really well and we have the same interests. After we hooked up for the first time, we got back in touch with each other and we kept hooking up. The sex has been amazing and we have a lot of fun when we hang out. I think that's why we keep seeing each other. Of late, I've been feeling like I have feelings for him. That scares me because I know very well that he doesn't want anything like that. I don't think I can keep my feelings in check too. So I get the feeling that it would be easier to get over him if I end things now rather than later. Has anyone on this forum been in such a situation? I would love to know what you think and it would be great if you can share some of your past experience.

If you have feelings for this guy, just have a chat with him about that. I mean he must have told you that he didn't want anything serious back when you met, but you never know whether he has changed his mind. What I'm trying to say is, let him know about your feelings. Then if he wants to break up, go ahead with that.

Comment

@jonahwilliamson yeah I've been thinking about doing that, but I'm nervous, because I think that it will make things really strange between us... But you're right, I don't want to break up with him and then find out that he wouldn't have cared if I had feelings for him or something like that.

Comment

What do you want from all of this? That's the question you need to ask yourself and then base your approach on that answer. I mean right now, all you're doing is adjusting everything according to his needs which is not the smartest approach. I mean if you want it to work out and evolve into a relationship, you got to fight for that. Right now, you're just running away from it. Like jonahwilliamson has mentioned, you never know. He must have changed his mind last week. So it's better to have an honest chat with him before you do anything.

Comment

These guys are right. I think being honest is the easiest thing you can do in a situation like that. I faced something like that a few months back and I told him about it and we decided to stop seeing each other. Both of us didn't want to get into anything serious at the time. You can do the same.

Comment

You guys are right. I guess I don't have much to lose here anyway. It's just that I'm going to miss him, but I'm not going to cry over him too. If he doesn't want to get into a relationship, I totally get it. And if he doesn't, I can deal with that. I just don't want it to get any harder with time. That's what usually happens and I want to stay away from that. Right now, solving this problem without getting in to a strange situation is what I'm trying to work out.

Comment

Working...
            X