Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeing the same person all the time was a bad idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing the same person all the time was a bad idea!

I didn't know much about online dating when I signed up on Manplay. I really thought that it would be pretty easy to hook up with one guy and then move on to another as I pleased. BUT this was never the case!! Just like in the real world, there were challenges. I mean we all are people and we have real feelings no matter how you get to know a person. The thing is, I don't want to get into anything serious with anyone that I meet online. It's purely fun! However, it was tough to get that message through to people. At least for me! The first guy I hooked up with had no problem with that and I didn't have to communicate it to him much since he also didn't want a relationship. The second guy though has been a challenge. He's such a sweet man and he just wants to spend time with me no matter what. I tried to relay this message to him, but I failed every single time. I just didn't have the guts to do it. I think the biggest mistake I made with him was that I hooked up with him way too many times within a short span of time. It seemed almost like a serious relationship. I must have sent the wrong message across and I failed to make things clear to him too. So it wasn't very wise from my end. NOW though, I need to end this. Or else, it's going to get even more harder. It would be great to see some member comments regarding my situation. What's the best thing to do and what have you done to avoid problems like this? I look forward to reading your comments!!

I've never come a situation like that because I'm open to relationships with the people that I meet on Manplay. I don't mind telling anyone that I met my partner online or whatever. I think so many people meet online and it's not such a weird or silly thing anymore.

Comment

@Rupert1978 I don't think anyone these days is ashamed to tell that they met their lover online. The fact that I don't want to get into a serious relationship with someone is merely because of the stage that I'm in my life. It has nothing to do with how I meet a person as long as that person is the right one for me.

Comment

Well well there are so many people who just want to have fun and not get into relationships, but most of them fail because they fall for people and that's how things should be I guess. You can't stop yourself from falling in love. I do understand your situation and I've heard people complain about such thigns from time to time Well the first thing you can do is to make it straight forward at the very beginning of an affair. Let the other person know what exactly you expect from him. That will automatically handle their expectations.

Comment

That's true Jim_Nevada. I've met people on this site who only do one night stands and that's about it. I think I should have told him about my expectations as well as limitations as I was getting to know him. If I had done that, there wouldn't have been a second or a third date. Looking back, I should have done things differently. There's no doubt about that. Now I really need to get out of this mess. I don't think it's come to a point where it's too serious. He should be able to get over me pretty easily. I just don't want to come out as being rude or insensitive, because I do care about his feelings.

Comment

i make sure that i tell a person about what i will not want to do as soon as i meet them. that way, i never need to have uncomfortable moments or awkward chats with anyone. you must think about doing something like that from now on...

Comment

Hell YES!!! There's no way that I'm going to get into a similar situation ever again. It's hard enough already and I'm not going to repeat this mistake again. NO WAY!!

Comment

Just have a good chat with him and tell him politely that you don't want to get in to anything serious right now and that it has nothing to do with him or the kinda person he is. That should do the job. I mean we're all adults here and when you meet someone on a site like Manplay, you already know that the particular person is probably there because they want to have fun more than any other reason. I think that's a fair assumption. Having a straight forward chat will easily get you out of this situation. Anyway, moving forward, I suggest you listen to what others have said earlier about getting these messages across initially. It never has to come to this point.

Comment

Working...
                X