Dinosaur Daddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinosaur Daddy

How can I come out to my old fashioned dad? who hates gay people because he thinks
    they are unnatural, he even wants me to join the army I don't know what to do

well just believe that his love for you would be heavier than his belief
    of gays being unnatural if not you are a grown man if he can't take it
    just move out and be free at least you told him

Comment

• TwinkleToes
      TwinkleToes commented
      Editing a comment
      What if its the complete opposite and his dad ends up disowning him? Are you willing to comfort him and tell him that coming out is still the right decision?

• Looking4U
      Looking4U commented
      Editing a comment
      All of us would leave our parent's home when the right time comes. After you had left your parents, that is the time that you could do whatever you wish to do with your life. Now, enjoy the gay life, okay?

• Proxie
      Proxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, he must tell the truth to his dad, and then leave them alone. He might not be accepted for a long time, but he needs to come out. Well, coming out is such a happy and liberalizing experience.

Do not come out. If coming out means that you would have a hard time in your life, then the best thing to do is just be a closeted gay.

Comment

• Jilter
      Jilter commented
      Editing a comment
      That one would be hard too but if it's the only way then just be closeted gay to your dad but if your moms know about it, I think it's best if she's aware of it. I know that a mother's love is unconditional even if you're out to her as gay, she will still continue to love you and would still accept you wholeheartedly.

• Wolvie
      Wolvie commented
      Editing a comment
      So you're thinking that sacrificing your personal happiness by remaining in the closet is better than coming out to your dad?

• DomeChrome
      DomeChrome commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you one of those closeted gay? CockyMalone

Move out from your house, and come out to the world. Your daddy would not be able to accept you, so be it. There are many people who are not accepted by their families, yet they were able to survive just fine.

Comment

• LumberJacked
      LumberJacked commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, they become better version of themselves right after they come out of their shells and it's just so amazing! You cannot please people even if those people are the ones closest to you, and that's the truth!

• ChokingHazard
      ChokingHazard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, moving out is the first action. When you are already living alone and away from the people who could not accept you, then the freedom to be who you are would already be at hand.

It would be dangerous for you to join the army and you're a closeted gay. I think you should gather up all of your courage and tell your dad that you are gay, just so you can save yourself from entering the army when you know that you do not belong there.

Comment

• Cyrax
      Cyrax commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you. It is better to tell your dad even if he would hate you rather than sacrificing yourself to the place where you do not belong.

Are you sure that he hates gays or just thinks that it is unnatural to be gay? Because there's a difference to that since hate is such a strong word, just thinking that maybe he does not find it amusing or just dislikes the idea of being gay. Maybe you should talk to him when he's in the right mood that you're not interested to join the army. Then you'd tell him the reason why just tell that you are gay.

Comment

Dinosaur Daddy shouldn't be the one deciding what is good for his son since Dinosaur Daddy is unaware that his son is a closeted gay. Let his son decide what he thinks is good for himself and all he needs is the unconditional love and support from both of his parents. Dinosaur Daddy should hear him out if he ever had the chance to come out to him, that's all I can say for now.

Comment

• LollySucker
        LollySucker commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the reason why he calls him that is because he's old fashioned that's why he still keeps the same old values. What he has to do is try and convince him that there's nothing wrong with being gay

If you're not comfortable telling him directly, I would suggest that you put it in writing and send it to him

Comment

• IggyCock
        IggyCock commented
        Editing a comment
        That is so old-fashioned. Sending letter would just confuse him more. I think that it is better to tell him directly. It is like a heart-to-heart talk, but I doubt that it would be successful.

Are you sure that your dad hasn't have the slightest idea that you're gay? Maybe your dad knows about it and just waiting for you to open up to him about it
      Last edited by SamMB; 02-13-2020, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• CockednLoaded
        CockednLoaded commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that's possible but if that was really the case, his dad should have at least asked him about it already

Sometimes it is best to stay in the closet if you are financially and physically depending on your parents.If the chances of this happening are strong, you might want to consider "holding off" until you have finished school, are financially independent, and have your own place to live.

Comment

• BigDaddyJoe
        BigDaddyJoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally agreeable! If your dad has threatened to hurt you if he ever found out you are gay. Wait, have you already told your mom?

• GagDaddy
        GagDaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        It's my problem actually and thank you for giving me insights regarding the issue to help me consider telling it or just "hold it off" till the right time comes.

Okay, why do most fathers refuse their sons to live on the gay life? Most mothers would allow their sons to be gays, but not the fathers. Could it be ego? Could it be protection on the reputation? I wonder why.

Comment

If you have a dinosaur daddy, then good luck! LOL. Well, what can we do? Most fathers would be like dinosaurs who would growl loudly upon learning that their sons are gay.

Comment

So have you finally talked to your dad about it already or you're still waiting for suggestions on how to tell him that you're gay?

Comment

Your situation is very hard. but all I can say is tell him your whole story. I am sure he will hear you out.

Comment

• JayEazy
              JayEazy commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree! parents would be very disappointed at first but they will understand in the end.

• BangGang
              BangGang commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, we all have disappointments but we can do it all. JayEazy

• JayEazy
              JayEazy commented
              Editing a comment
              A person who is like that needs courage. BangGang

I really hate those people who will not understand what we feel, but I guess you should be true to him. Tell him what you really are.

Comment

Working...
            X