Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the reasons why are are WE facing workplace discrimination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the reasons why are are WE facing workplace discrimination?

Could somebody give me answers to that? I am being looked up and down sometimes as if they're above anyone!

Do you do your job well? If not, then that could be a reason. If we do not perform well, workmates would tell that we are not a good worker. That could be one of the reasons why we would be discriminated at the workplace.

Comment

Do you mean a workplace discrimination due to our gender? If that is the case, then that it illegal. All workers must be treated equally. At the workplace, your gender must be respected at all times.

Comment

• Looking4U
        Looking4U commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree to this. There are laws which state that people are equal regardless of who they are. Of course, maybe, deep inside the hearts of other people, they could still have the homophobia within them.

• CutieShank
        CutieShank commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, this is true, I've seen workplaces who even have separate restrooms for LGBT.

I think that some people have a homophobia. That is the reason why gay people experience discrimination in the workplace. We know that gay people are very good workers, so I do not think that the discrimination is about work-related stuffs.

Comment

• Scorpio
        Scorpio commented
        Editing a comment
        We are living in the modern world, yet homophobia still exists! When will this fucking homophobia be obliterated from the face of the Earth?

• BackRubSlut
        BackRubSlut commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah! That word again. LOL. Even if nobody talks about it, we know that inside the hearts of some people, they carry it with them.

Well, if you are too bold and loud on the workplace, then other people might be annoyed and not like you in the end. That could cause a discrimination on your end.

Comment

• Boosh
        Boosh commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes, this happens and I am not proud of it cause it is a friend of mine who is like this. Sometimes, it leads us to embarrassment like when we disturbed some people that were having a staff meeting when my friend cracked a joke and he laughed out loud when we were in the hallway.

• Stanlee
        Stanlee commented
        Editing a comment
        discrimination for LGBT nowadays is rare. They're competitive in all kinds of work, They get promoted and gain the respect of his colleagues.

• Steezy
        Steezy commented
        Editing a comment
        Proxie I like people who are bold and loud in the workplace. Our workplace is boring. That's why I love people who are like that.

There are laws against workplace discrimination. Anyway, we are living in a free world where discrimination is not allowed to take place. I am so happy that I experience little to no discrimination.

Comment

• DirtMcGirth
        DirtMcGirth commented
        Editing a comment
        Good for you that you didn't experienced it. But do you really think the reason why he feels that he is being discriminated is because of his sexual orientation?

Maybe the times that they looked at you from head to toe is when you're wearing something that is loud for their taste. Why not just ignore them altogether and don't be too paranoid about it.

Comment

• CaptainSucko
        CaptainSucko commented
        Editing a comment
        How loud? Maybe, you wore something that was too colorful for their taste? Aha! The flowery clothes? LOL.

Have you checked your attitude? If you are a type of person who wants to be noticed all the time, then that could be a reason why people may begin to hate and discriminate you.

Comment

It is possible that they felt that you have a really strong personality that's why they act that way towards you.

Comment

• JayEazy
          JayEazy commented
          Editing a comment
          But do you think that's a good enough reason to act like that towards him?

• JoJoFlex
          JoJoFlex commented
          Editing a comment
          JayEazy Of course not. That's why I don't get them why they act like that.

Are you sure that it is because of your sexual orientation that's why they're giving you nasty looks? Because there are different reasons why they've done that. Like you were an asshole towards them or you're a bit of a kiss ass to your boss, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by ChokingHazard View Post
          Do you do your job well? If not, then that could be a reason. If we do not perform well, workmates would tell that we are not a good worker.
          I agree with him on this one. I feel that this is more about your performance at work and not because of your sexual preference. Also if you feel that we're wrong about this one, why not report it to HR so that they can resolve your problem.

Comment

• MannaMontana
            MannaMontana commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you have a coworker who hated you because of how well you're doing your job?

Does your work place know that you're gay or not? Because if you're discreet about it and have never mentioned about it, then it is definitely work related and not because of your sexual preference. But if you're open about being gay then it might be one of the possible reasons why he gave you that look.

Comment

• Jilter
            Jilter commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you thinking that this is more about his performance at work and not about his orientation?

I really don't understand why people are not open to this kind of situation.

Comment

Gender discrimanation is everywhere, even if in the local establishment. we can't avoid that.

Comment

• Grifter
              Grifter commented
              Editing a comment
              We should slap them with the law. that there is no discrimanation. btw, society sucks!
          Working...
          X