Come Out And Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come Out And Play

I have this friend who's been in the closet for the longest time. What advice you can give him in order for him to come out in the open already and tell everyone that he's gay?

Did he tell you the reason why he still prefers to remain in the closet? There's a chance that he doesn't want to disappoint his parents that's why he hasn't come out of the closet yet.

Comment

• CaptainSucko
      CaptainSucko commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel that being his parents being disappointed is one of the main reasons why he's still in the closet.

• JayEazy
      JayEazy commented
      Editing a comment
      the more he hides it the more he suffers right? CaptainSucko

Tell him the relief that you felt right after you came out of the closet. I don't think that you don't need to force him to come out if he's not yet ready for it. He would eventually realize that it is time for himself to reveal his true self.

Comment

• SeanDoe
      SeanDoe commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. he should guide him first and give him the advice based on his experience and if he's not ready then he should think about the steps he needed in order to get it out and be free as gay.

Just tell him to be proud and show the world how being gay is wonderful. It can help him adjust easily if he can tell to everyone that he's gay rather than hiding it.

Comment

• LumberJacked
      LumberJacked commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, he needs to face the problem by being brave and it's the first quality that he should have.

He should not be afraid anymore and come out in his shell already so he can enjoy being gay. Just be strong and you should support him as a friend.

Comment

• JayKay
      JayKay commented
      Editing a comment
      He should not be afraid poeple nowadays are geting open, so they understand why he he gay. ChokingHazard

• JayKay
      JayKay commented
      Editing a comment
      ThaThrist You are a good person and a good friend. just keep supporting.

• ThaThrist
      ThaThrist commented
      Editing a comment
      JayKay thank you. we all want our friends to be happy. I just do what I can to help.

If he's been dating girls in order to hide his true sexuality, why not just tell him that he doesn't need to lie about it already once he's out of the closet. Also tell him that it is not right to use women in order to hided your sexuality.

Comment

• TylerBurden
      TylerBurden commented
      Editing a comment
      What if the girls that he was dating doesn't mind to be his beard? Do you think that he should still come out in the closet or not?

• MannaMontana
      MannaMontana commented
      Editing a comment
      TylerBurden that's good if the girls doesn't mind at all and yes, I do believe that he still needs to come out of the closet as it will make him free and become a better version of himself. It will also erase or lessen his stress as he is no longer hiding.

Tell your bro to overcome his fear and be confident. He should think that he is a soaring phoenix ready to be reborn like Icarus.

Comment

• SamMB
      SamMB commented
      Editing a comment
      You know that story very well, is it? Have you ever felt resurrected when you come out as gay in the community?

• DirtMcGirth
      DirtMcGirth commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, resurrected and at the same time I feel freedom and power. It may be because I get to show the world who I really am

How long has it been? He should do it within a few months or it will keep bothering him on coming out of the closet.

Comment

• BigBrony
      BigBrony commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe it will take forever if no one ever bothers to help him with his problem.

• LarsRocco
      LarsRocco commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel that he's not really bothered by it or might be waiting for the right moment to do it.

• CockyMalone
      CockyMalone commented
      Editing a comment
      LarsRocco what makes you think that he's not bothered by it? Is it because that it took him this long before he decided to talk about it with a close friend?

Comment

• Cyrax
      Cyrax commented
      Editing a comment
      What will specifically put him in danger? If he is really afraid then he totally needs counseling and lots of advice.

• HottieTotty
      HottieTotty commented
      Editing a comment
      What makes you think that he might be in danger? Was your life in danger when you decided to come out of the closet?

• Steezy
      Steezy commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do you think that he needs join a support group? Is it because it will help him to go out?

Originally posted by JayEazy View Post
    Did he tell you the reason why he still prefers to remain in the closet?
    I think you should answer this questions first, so that we can properly give you the advice that will help you to convince him that it is time for you to come out of the closet.

Comment

• GirthyGrills
      GirthyGrills commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right about that one. We can't give the right advice for his friend if we don't know the reason why he's been in the closet for the longest time.

• Wolvie
      Wolvie commented
      Editing a comment
      I think he is doing a record for the longest time to come out of the closet GirthyGrills.

I think he needs more time to organize his thought and you really need to help him out. Maybe now is not a good time and he needs to come up with a better plan before he comes out of the closet.

Comment

• BobbyD
      BobbyD commented
      Editing a comment
      I think he got a lot of time to think about it and he should not rush immediately and he surely needs a plan.

I think you need to emphasize to him that he is one of us and make him read stories of those ones who came out as a motivational drive for him to proclaim that he is gay.

Comment

• BaconLover
      BaconLover commented
      Editing a comment
      If you mean proclaim then he needs to spread the word that he is gay but he needs the courage to do it.

• Cracker
      Cracker commented
      Editing a comment
      BaconLover That would be the hardest thing he ever did.

• BaconLover
      BaconLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Is he afraid to be judged by society? Cracker

You should encourage him to tell that to the world so he will feel free.

Comment

Is he afraid of his family if they find out that he is gay? @BangGang

Comment

Why don't you try to set him on a date?

Comment

Working...
      X