How To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To

Well, I have finally decided that I am ready to come out to my friends and family. However, I have no idea how to even do it. I feel like a few of them know but in the end I still want to say it out loud. I am scared that some people are going to abandon me. How did you guys come out and how hard was it?

It is the hardest thing you will ever have to do. But it's for the best that you start letting people in. You are already off to a really good start by deciding you are ready and making a plan of action. This is the most proactive thing you can do for yourself. You might run into some trouble depending on what kind of friends and familyyou have but in the end it will be amazing no matter what. However, you might be lucky as fuck. You might have a great family and super great friends and you might have a great coming out. But it's always better to be preparing for the worst.

Comment

When I came out to my friends it went over great. They even threw me a party and everyone was very accepting. My parents were fine with it but they weren't overly impresssed. You might win some and you might lose some and that is something that we all face in our lives. This is the hard part about being gay and living in the world we live in. I honestly wish you the very best and that your experience is great and you have a wonderful time.I really really hope this works out well for you.

Comment

I came out last year and basically lost most of my support system. I had my mom and my sister. But that is it. The rest of my family still hasn't really spoken to me and I wasn't invited to go home for Thanksgiving. That was the absolute worst feeling ever. At least, you know that is it goes badly, you have a huge support group of people here who clearly have your back.

Comment

It won't be easy at all but whatI found did help was to have a friend with you there that you trust and that already knows so they can be your support just in case things happen to go south. The speech I used was a variation on the popular "I am still the same person that I always was. Who I love does not define me as a person and I am sorry that I have ever made you feel thatI wasn;t still your child." As long as you have a speech planned and a hand to hold you will be fine. The rest is up to whatever God you believe in. Hopefully it goes good and that things are smooth. My parents took some time and are now fine with me being gay but it did take some time. However, having someone beside me whose hand I can hold made the whole thing a lot more barable.

Comment

I'd really like to congratulate you on deciding to come out, being in the closet is really isolating. It's not easy but you can come out to the closest people to you first then work your way. If you cant explicitly say it to them maybe you could try dropping hints. Should one of them ever react negatively, never apologise for who you are and whats make you happy

Comment

Before you come out, you should be ready for disappointments and questions. And be ready to go to a bar after. Lol

Comment

Not gonna be easy so I say start with your bestfriend. Then onto your other friends. If ever they stop hanging out with you cause of it, they're not your real friends. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X