closet cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closet cleaning

I have a cousin who's been in the closet for the longest time. Just a little backgrounder about him. He's from a really religious and conservative family. They're so religious that he is forced to attend Sunday service even if he is hung over. Most of us already know that he's gay, the problem is will he tell his family that he's gay. Thanks to any advice that you be posting here

Does your cousin know you're posting bout him?

Comment

• CaptainSucko
      CaptainSucko commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think that his cousin wouldn't mind it since he didn't mention his name

• IronBulge
      IronBulge commented
      Editing a comment
      still, i think he's meddling too much. Just give him some time

• CaptainSucko
      CaptainSucko commented
      Editing a comment
      He just cares for his cousin. come on

You cousin will come out when he's ready, It's different for everybody. Given his circumstances, it's going to take him time but it will be fine

Comment

If he's ready to come out, then go.

Comment

• MickeyDee
        MickeyDee commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I said. Hahahha

If you think it's the right time, then go ahead and at least be with him for support if anything goes haywire

Comment

My two pence, I understand that you think its going to help by making him get on with it (some people think that if you push its going to solve any problem, when in reality, it just makes it worse) Just be a friend to him and give him space and time to deal with it. You will tell people when you feel the time is right and YOU'RE ready. Point him in this direction if need be. Hope everything goes well for you two

Comment

He is the one who will suffer the consequences of coming out, not you. If he seems content with his decision, let him be. He has his reasons for staying in the closet. For the moment. there is controversy about "coming out". Some people think that every gay person has an obligation to be open about it and not hide it.

Comment

• MannaMontana
            MannaMontana commented
            Editing a comment
            So if you have a friend or relative who's having a problem when it comes to coming out, you would just let him suffer and not help him?

I made this post so that I can get Ideas when it comes to opening up to his family.

Comment

• Cornholio
            Cornholio commented
            Editing a comment
            Try to help him on opening up. When he decides it's the right time. If they didn't take it seriously you can help him atleast on whatever he needs.

I think what's important is that you would be there for him whatever happens

Comment

Originally posted by CockyMalone View Post
            I think what's important is that you would be there for him whatever happens
            Cocky is right. Reassuring him that you got his back whatever happens is the only thing that you can do for him now

Comment

Thanks for all your answers. Be it on the negative or positive side. And just an update about my cousin. He's still trying to muster courage in opening to them

Comment

Working...
              X