New Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job

Hello everyone. I recently started a new job and so far it's been great. I love my job and the benefits that come with it. My workmates seem ok, I have talked to a few of them and they made me feel really welcome. So here's the thing, someone asked if I have a gf and I hesitantly said no, like not the shy cute way but an awfully long time. I wanna ask if I should come out at the office, keep in mind that there are more guys here than women. I am kinda afraid and anxious. What do you think I should do? Has anyone had the same experience before? What did you do in that situation?

The question is, do you actually wanna come out or just feel the pressure to? You really have to think about this cause this is something you can never take back if you one day regret it.

Comment

• GirthyGrills
      GirthyGrills commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes and also do you also feel really comfortable with them. Try to observe first, you might be misjudged because of this.

• HottieTotty
      HottieTotty commented
      Editing a comment
      And some of them might even stop talking to you once they find out that you're gay

You dont have to, really or maybe you could try coming out slowly.

Comment

I want you to really think about why you think you have to come out, you had a little slip but that's ok. Its not part of the job description to come out is it. I have had the same experience before but never felt any pressure to come out

Comment

Keep in mind that once you've come out of the closet there's no going back in. Its never an easy process, so you have to think carefully. I know it's very stressful to both come out and be in the closet.

Comment

I think you should if that's what you feel is the right step to take. You'll be happier, free and more fulfilled, who knows you might even meet a guy at the office who's also into dudes

Comment

It depends on the kind of environment your new work place has. If you have a workmate who's openly gay, try to see how the others treat him. If their fine with it, then just tell them that you're once they asked you again

Comment

Originally posted by IronBulge View Post
              It depends on the kind of environment your new work place has. If you have a workmate who's openly gay, try to see how the others treat him. If their fine with it, then just tell them that you're once they asked you again
              He's right and if its a bit toxic it would be safe to be in the closet for now

Comment

• IronBulge
                IronBulge commented
                Editing a comment
                Better to keep it in the down low while you're still new at the company

You can tell it to some people in your office who is close to you. But not to everyone, because there are some people who are close minded to that idea.

Comment

• TeeRex
                TeeRex commented
                Editing a comment
                That's the problem, he's still new that's why he doesn't know if he should share it to everyone or not

If you're not comfortable coming out in your office, don't do so. Let it stay completely professional or casual, coz others might not be open to that it might turn out to be an issue.

Comment

So how's it going in your office now?

Comment

Just observe people and decide if you can go ahead and come out.

Comment

Thanks for your answers it helped me alot

Comment

I will take all you advice guys. I'm coming out slowly to some of my trusted friends at work. Thanks a lot!

Comment

• ChokingHazard
                        ChokingHazard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's good then, I hope they are all accepting. How is it going?

• Cornholio
                        Cornholio commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's going well, I'm just really choosing who to trust. There are no issues so far.
                    Working...
                    X