Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sooner you come out, better it will be for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooner you come out, better it will be for you!

Coming out is mighty difficult, there's no denying that. However, as soon as you're certain that you're homosexual, you need to get it out of the way as quickly as possible. Being someone who waited a long time to come out, I know the kind of stress and pain a person goes through if they don't do it. You might lose relationships that you have, be it with your family members or friends. But there's always a few who will understand you for who you are. You can't worry about the rest. It's their job to understand the situation and deal with it in a fair way. So my advice to anyone who hasn't already come out, don't wait around telling yourself that you'll do it next week. Just pack up some courage and get it done today. Your entire world might fall around you, but you will feel so free and happy, because after all, keeping a secret like this isn't easy at all.

I agree with Keith. I'm also one of those people who regret delaying coming out, but I had my reasons and I just didn't have the guts to do it. When I look back, I wish I had done it earlier no matter what. Before you go in front of your parents or friends, practice what you're going to say in front of a mirror. You don't want to drag it for too long or talk about irrelevant stuff. That's going to make it more difficult that it should be.

Comment

Don't know why it's a big deal to many!! Just go in front of them and tell that you're gay. If they can't deal with it, they can go to hell!! That was pretty much my coming out speech and things worked out pretty well in the end

Comment

@WaltF haha that's funny and I guess it worked for you, but I don't think it will for others. For some parents, finding out that their child is gay is like the end of the world. For some friends, it's the end of the friendship. We all know how some people just don't accept a gay child or a friend. I know that the times have changed, but still, there are people who are like that unfortunately. So we have to remember that. Some of the members on this site might be dealing with a few such people in their lives. If that's the case, coming out can be so hard.

Comment

I know exactly what you're talking about. My father was exactly the kinda person that you're talking about. He still doesn't look me in the eye since the day he found out that I was gay. What I'm trying to say is, no matter how hard it's going to be, there's no point waiting around to come out. You're making it harder on yourself by doing that.

Comment

Coming out was really easy for me luckily!! My parents did find it disappointing, but they said that they loved me no matter what. My mum was in tears, but she didn't cry or anything. My friends were super cool which was awesome. I guess it depends on your family and the type of friends you have.... I do get whatt Keith is tryin to say here and I agree with him. You're putting yourself under a lot of pain by keeping something like that a secret and it's also not fair to the people around you. Coming out is always the best choice no matter what. Unless they are going to kill you because you're gay haha then don't come out!!

Comment

@MichaelTheSlut LOL it's cool that you had parents and friends who were that understanding. We live in a country which is open minded, but there are other places in the world where you can't be openly gay. We are so lucky that way!

Comment

Working...
              X