Advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please.

Just to share a little bit about me, I'm what you call a discreet gay. My family knows about it but I haven't totally come out to my friends especially to my best buddy. I've been thinking of coming out to him since we both trust each other a lot and we've been friends for eight years now but I am afraid of the consequences. I don't want to lose him but I also want to be totally honest to him about my sexuality. What should I do in this situation?

If he is a real friend, he will accept whoever you are and besides sexuality has nothing to do with friendship so I guess he will be okay with you being gay.

Comment

• Artoo
      Artoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct, real frienship transcends gender and sexuality.

I would say that it is time for you to take the risk and tell him that you're gay. If he's truly your friend he would accept you no matter what

Comment

Since we're talking about a person that you've known for eight years already, Can you tell us how he reacts with gay men? If he's a total jerk with them, might consider to stay inside the closet if you fear that he would end your friendship with you because of your orientation.

Comment

How long have you been staying in the closet? Are you sure that your friend is completely clueless about your sexuality?

Comment

Just tell it to him. If you are friends for that long then you can trust him.

Comment

Well, If I were you, I will be open to them about it and then see who will stay by your side after knowing the truth. Whoever stays, they are your true friends.

Comment

• CockyMalone
              CockyMalone commented
              Editing a comment
              I think the reason that he is afraid to come out to his friend is because he doesn't want to put into waste their friendship

Originally posted by LarsRocco View Post
            Just tell it to him. If you are friends for that long then you can trust him.
            And if he ends your friendship because of it, just remember that it is his lost not yours

Comment

In those eight years that you are friends, I think that he already know that you are gay and just waiting for you to tell him.

Comment

• BiggieBalls
                BiggieBalls commented
                Editing a comment
                Right, I bet he already has a clue/hint about your sexuality but he's just keeping quiet about it

• BigDaddyJoe
                BigDaddyJoe commented
                Editing a comment
                But what if his friend is completely clueless about his sexuality? There are people who tend to be clueless when it comes to that sort of thing

• JoJoFlex
                JoJoFlex commented
                Editing a comment
                He's the one who really knows his friend. And if he's the type who's a little dense or slow, I wouldn't be surprised that he's clueless for all these years

Are you sure that he doesn't have any idea that you're gay? I agree with what LumberJacked said. He might know it already, but just waiting for you to tell it to him

Comment

• TylerBurden
                TylerBurden commented
                Editing a comment
                I think that's really the case here.

Admit it already so that you would know if he is friend that is worth having or not

Comment

• Wolvie
                Wolvie commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you thinking that his friend would end their friendship just because he is gay?

• SlurpyToes
                SlurpyToes commented
                Editing a comment
                Wolvie You're the one who said that, not me. lol

• Wolvie
                Wolvie commented
                Editing a comment
                SlurpyToes Oh, come one, stop avoiding my question. lol

If you feel that hiding your sexual orientation to your friend feels like a burden, then I suggest that it is time for you to tell him about it. Otherwise, just let him figure it out himself

Comment

• ChokingHazard
                ChokingHazard commented
                Editing a comment
                What if his friend is the type of person who is a bit dense or slow?

Wow, you actually hide your true identity for 8yrs.

Comment

Working...
              X