Let It Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let It Out

How can you convince a person who's in the closet to come out already? I'm asking since a friend mine has been inside the closet for as long as I can remember. Looking forward to reading the all your advice

Since you've known him for quite some time now, I'm sure that you know the reason behind it already. Do you think that his reason is not valid enough that is why you're asking for our help?

Comment

I will never convince anyone to come out if he's not comfortable yet.

Comment

• BigDaddyJoe
        BigDaddyJoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too, it is best if it was his own free will.

• Cloud69
        Cloud69 commented
        Editing a comment
        BigDaddyJoe You are right about that, there are right times for that.

If I were you, I would try and know the reason why he doesn't want to come out of the closet just like what JoJoFlex has mentioned. And whatever his reason is, I would promise him that I would be here to support him whatever his decision would be

Comment

• JoJoFlex
        JoJoFlex commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for agreeing with me.

It depends on whether he's truly happy with his life or not. If you don't see anything wrong with his life, then might as well just let him stay in the closet. But if you feel that he's not happy with it, that would be the right time to tell him to go out of the closet already

Comment

• Artoo
        Artoo commented
        Editing a comment
        What if he came out and become more unhappy?

Do you feel that he's doesn't feel happy in the closet that is why you want him to come out already? Because if he is fine with keeping it discreet, then you should let him enjoy it

Comment

Never out someone who doesn't want to because they may have their own reasons why they choose not to.

Comment

I don't think you have the right to ask him to come out of the closet because you are just his friend.

Comment

• SeanDoe
            SeanDoe commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree,l doing that is like forcing him to do something he's not ready for.

Originally posted by Looking4U View Post
          How can you convince a person who's in the closet to come out already? I'm asking since a friend mine has been inside the closet for as long as I can remember. Looking forward to reading the all your advice
          I think he is not ready to come out yet. Why are you rushing anyways?

Comment

• CaptainSucko
            CaptainSucko commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe it is because he feels that he's not truly happy with himself?

I would suggest that you let him come out when he is ready. He would eventually come out when he feels it is time

Comment

Working...
          X