Intimacy Freak Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intimacy Freak Out

The thing for me is that every dude I go out with, they end up either liking me a lot or falling in love with me and then there is no more chase. I lose interest quickly and it freaks me out cause then I figure that they are either gonna cheat on me or leave me after they get bored. So sometimes, I push them away by seeming like I am not interested and giving them a hard time not to fall in love with me any further. Most of the time, they end up leaving and then I have to start all over again.

I understand where you are coming from. I don't like a man that seem emotionally needed like a woman. I get turned off easily with that. I also lose sexual interest when someone is coming on too strong in the early months of meeting them. I think it should be slow and steady and not force anything. If it is there, it is there...no need to force it.

Comment

I agree. I don't like the emotional attachment either. It is an instant turn off for me. I know things can happen later where you fall in love with someone, but if they are telling you that they love you in three months of knowing them, then I have a problem with that. I want to take it slower too so I can get to know the person. If it is a one night hookup, then that is a different story.

Comment

I have had men want to have anal and oral sex with me, but by the time they get an orgasm, they are out the door or by the time, I tell them I love how they blow me, some might get the feeling, I am being too serious so soon. So I have gone through the intimacy freakout in more ways than one. So I get it too.

Comment

For me, I am not good at showing affection. So the cuddling and the touchy feely stuff is not me. I would prefer to just have sex and be done with it. Intimacy is just not my thing. I let my men know that upfront and I find that most of them like the idea of knowing before they get into any kind of deep relationship.

Comment

Intimacy doesn't mean that you are girly or emotional. It is a sign of having some kind of connection with the person that you are with. If I didn't have intimacy with someone, I don't know if I could have any type of sex act with them. I would have to feel a certain type of way about a dude in order to participate in anal or oral sex because that in itself is an intimate experience.

Comment

I guess I am not the only one who is afraid of being intimate. I just don't want to get in a committed relationship and I feel that intimacy might make me fall in love iwth the person. It may be something that happened to me in my past that is triggering this feeling, but I cannot help myself. I run away when the intimacy is being poured on. I just can't deal with it. Maybe, I need to see a counselor or therapist.

Comment

Working...
              X