Happy Trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Trans

I was from a Christian family and my parents were pastors. I knew that I was transgender when I was 10 years old, but it woulda been crazy for me to express that to my parents. They probably woulda left me at the side of the road and never came back for me. So I kept it undercover from everyone. It was one of the hardest things I had ever done in my life. I had to hide how I felt everytime. When I felt like signing up for the soccer team because I loved playing soccer in my backyard, I had to forget about it. When I asked my mom, she would say girls don't play soccer, only boys do. I did play soccer in college though because by then, I started coming out slowly but surely. I hardly went home during my college breaks. I would spend time with other trans and that was more fulfilling for me. It was one of the happiest times in my life. My parents soon found out though, but by then I was a 22 year old adult. I told them one summer while I was on vaction and of course, they didn't accept it. I do speak to them, but things have changed. So, I am looking for any community of people that will accept me for who I am. I won't change. This is my happiest self.

You have to choose the lifestyle that makes you happy. I am sorry your parents are so like most people in society. Keeping doing YOU.

Comment

• MickeyDee
      MickeyDee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. And the sad part is, they're his family. Family should be the first people to accept who you truly are.

At least, you don't have to be confused anymore of who you really are. I was and that was very frustrated. It was a confusing process. So I am glad you took charge of your own life. Kudos to you!

Comment

Be your true self dude. You deserve to be happy. I am glad you went away to college. That may have made the difference for you.

Comment

Your parents lost a good son. You have your head screwed on and it is refreshing. Just continue to do what you are doing and be who you are.

Comment

I congratulate you for coming to terms with your lifestyle and even though you had to hide it so long, you still came out on top. The only bad thing is that your parents are not accepting of you.

Comment

I am in your corner. You did the right thing getting away from your family cause they would want to tell you that you are making a mistake when you are not. Live your life the way you want.

Comment

It is so refreshing to hear all the kind comments. I am so appreciative of them because it has been a long road, but I am an overcomer. In the next few months, I am going to work on the relationship with my family. Thank you.

Comment

I am happy for you. Always look at the bright side. At least they now know and you don't have to pretend. Give them space they'll eventually accept you.

Comment

Working...
                X