Jewish Transgender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewish Transgender

The way I identify myself is trans-male and non-binary. I am a transgender and a Jew, which is an oxymoron, if you ask many people. I found out about my condition as my mother put it in my late 20s. My family and friends at first thought I was just going through a phase that would pass until they saw how serious it was and lucky for me, they provided the support I needed. Some years ago, I went to the Western Wall of Jerusalem and found myself in the male section. There was a section known as the ungendered where I could have gone, but I chose the male section. I was so happy to be at the male section of the wall. It made me so happy to finally be part of the male group. I was in the middle of a transition both spiritually and medically and so this was an important time in my life. I felt free and validated, except when people started learning about it, I got a lot of back lash. How are people so cruel?

I know some people might be saying how you can practice such a strict religion and still consider yourself a transgender. So I know you must be getting treated cruelly by some people, but I am sure it is the same religious people that give you crap!

Comment

It was so good you could go to the Western Wall. It musta been very special as a trans Jew. I don't think anyone should judge you for how you were born, but they are gonna judge you and so be prepared for it. But, in the meantime, just go about your business and live life how you want it.

Comment

I don't understand how religious people can be so fake. They preach love and yet they don't show it. That is so hypocritical. They are the ones that need to look inside of themselves. And that is the damn truth!

Comment

• StiffySteve
          StiffySteve commented
          Editing a comment
          No one could've said it better. I one hundred percent agree with you.

Your situation is not just exclusive to you. I bet there are a bunch of Jews that are in hiding because of what you are going through. So you are the matyr for all the other transgenders that will come out of the closet. Just stick to a support group and learn as much as you can about the transgender lifestyle. That will help you a lot.

Comment

Thanks for the uplifting comments. It really makes a whole lot a difference when you have the support. It is well needed.

Comment

Working...
          X