Life of an old gay man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life of an old gay man

Do you happen to know a gay who is already old and doesn't have any family? How did they end up?

I'm guessing that they're living in a retirement home or with their partners? Are you afraid with what will happen to you in the future?

Comment

• Looking4U
      Looking4U commented
      Editing a comment
      I am hoping that even if we are gay our family still accept us untill we get old. Boosh

• Looking4U
      Looking4U commented
      Editing a comment
      HankTheSpank It's very hard to live alone. It would be sad for them.

• Looking4U
      Looking4U commented
      Editing a comment
      I am sure if we live alone our life would be fucked up, like we leave in a meaningless world. Grifter

If they have partners and can still take care of themselves, then they're going to live wherever they want to live in. And those who can't would most probably stay at a retirement center.

Comment

• Grifter
      Grifter commented
      Editing a comment
      Their life is sad if they don't have a partner to take care of them. you know, when they get old.

• JoJoFlex
      JoJoFlex commented
      Editing a comment
      Grifter yeah, it would be sad for them to live alone especially when they get old.

Why not ask me this question twenty years from now. I can definitely give you an answer by that time lmao.

Comment

• Thighler
      Thighler commented
      Editing a comment
      Let's just hope that you're still alive twenty years from now lmao.

• Cyrax
      Cyrax commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you see yourself 20 years from now with no partner?

• Grifter
      Grifter commented
      Editing a comment
      LumberJacked Are you not wondering what will happen to you in your future?

I've they managed their finances properly, I bet that they're going to live somewhere that they can make the most out of their remaining days .

Comment

• Grifter
      Grifter commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, it's really hard if you're old and you don't have enough money to pay for your medicines. so it's better if we manage our finances properly.

• TwinkleToes
      TwinkleToes commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds good, but do you think that is necessary? LarsRocco

• TwinkleToes
      TwinkleToes commented
      Editing a comment
      Grifter yeah right, that's why we better know how to be wise to save money.

It is possible that in the near future that there will be retirement homes that are specifically for gays, lesbians, or even ones for the entire lgbtq community.

Comment

• IggyCock
      IggyCock commented
      Editing a comment
      Why not try and save your money so that you're going to be the first one who's going to build or start a retirement home that is catered for gay men.

• BiggieBalls
      BiggieBalls commented
      Editing a comment
      IggyCock That would work but you need help on this one and gather up your fellow old folks here.

Life of old gay men with no families? Sure, I have seen cases. Well, I have not seen it in real life, but in documentaries. It is similar to the lives of the old people who are living in nursing homes. There is almost no distinction.

Comment

• SeanDoe
      SeanDoe commented
      Editing a comment
      To the retirement homes, of course! Where else do they need to go? Commonly, those are the places to be in when we get old.

• Cracker
      Cracker commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe he's thinking that there are nursing homes that are specifically catered for gay men or members of the lgbtq community.

• Cyrax
      Cyrax commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know at least somebody would still take care of them but it's pretty hard for gay men to have a family.

All I can say is when you end up as an old gay man with no families then you better adjust and still behave as a humble member of the community and serve. It tough to get in a relationship but some of the gay men I see tries to find a home to stay and a man to love.

Comment

• Stanlee
      Stanlee commented
      Editing a comment
      It's still kinda lonely just doing civil works with no partner in life, I want to cry if this happens to me.

• CutieShank
      CutieShank commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you mean by they have to "adjust and behave as a humble member of the community and serve"? Are you talking about gay men who were a bit flamboyant during their younger years?

I happen to know one and he ended up in his sister's place, he's not that old yet but I think he is not that happy because he really wants his own family like a husband to support him.

Comment

• LollySucker
      LollySucker commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainSucko I don't think so.

• Grifter
      Grifter commented
      Editing a comment
      is getting really a wife and kid the only happiness? We can be family without that set up right. Guess that person might have missed a lot when he was younger and capable.

• LollySucker
      LollySucker commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess loneliness strikes differently when you are older and you want some sense of companionship.. but having a partner and a dog might save it all.
Working...
X