Lost Ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Ones

Has any of you lost a friend when they found out that you were gay? Talking about people who were dear and close to you before and then they stopped being your friend when you told them that you are gay.

There have been a few of them who were stopped talking to me a couple of weeks after I told them that I was gay. I guess they needed to time to realize that I'm still the same friend that they knew from before. The only difference is that they now know that I'm into men and not girls.

Comment

• JayEazy
      JayEazy commented
      Editing a comment
      Cyrax Everyone should have like that kind of friend. like you know, they still accept you even though you lied to them.

• Cyrax
      Cyrax commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, and I am so lucky to have them , they gave me courage to do what I want. JayEazy

• Proxie
      Proxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Cyrax You are so lucky to have them just hoping that you guys will be good again like before.

Yes, I've lost a couple of my friends when they found out that I was gay.

Comment

• Stanlee
      Stanlee commented
      Editing a comment
      Boosh Nope, they just act weird like they don't know me. I know that they don’t like me anymore.

• Stanlee
      Stanlee commented
      Editing a comment
      Proxie I know, but that's fine to me. I think they are mad because I did not tell them about my true sexuality.

• Proxie
      Proxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Stanlee But still, they should understand what you feel. it's not that easy to say something that you always keep.

From what I know that most of the time we often end up losing a few friends when something that big happens to your lives.

Comment

• Proxie
      Proxie commented
      Editing a comment
      That's true! I already experienced that. ButtThrust

• ButtThrust
      ButtThrust commented
      Editing a comment
      Proxie Are you guys still in contact and hanging out together?

• Proxie
      Proxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, but we are okay now, unlike before. ButtThrust

They felt awkward about it at first but once I talked to them about it, we started hanging out again.

Comment

• IncredibleBulge
      IncredibleBulge commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you tell them in detail the first time you told them that you were gay?

• Jilter
      Jilter commented
      Editing a comment
      IncredibleBulge Yeah, because they want me to detail it so that they understand it.

Yeah, some are really disgusted especially male friends of mine whom I play sports with. That's why I stop playing football because it affects my teammate.

Comment

• BigBrony
      BigBrony commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a really difficult time when they knew that you're gay. You should have pursued playing it if you really cared for the sport and not your teammates.

• StiffySteve
      StiffySteve commented
      Editing a comment
      I need a teammate in order to play this sport. I cannot take it even standing there being stared by their judgmental eyes.

I only lost a girlfriend when she found out that I was gay. My straight friends accepted me for who I am but I still do manly stuff.

Comment

• BaconLover
      BaconLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Find it funny that you have to mention that you still do "manly" stuff. You don't need to tell us about that already.

• Conan
      Conan commented
      Editing a comment
      BaconLover oh okay, lol. ThaThrist yeah.

• ThaThrist
      ThaThrist commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you tell her that you are so inlove with her even if you're gay? Conan

I almost lost a friend and we were close. I promise him that I will never establish/develop feelings with him and I only see him as a friend and he accepted me.

Comment

• Cloud69
      Cloud69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Was he the same when you told him that you were gay? Or did he avoid you most of the time cos you are different now?

• JayKay
      JayKay commented
      Editing a comment
      And are you still keeping that promise or there have been times that you almost ruined it?

• Looking4U
      Looking4U commented
      Editing a comment
      I was so tipsy at that moment and we were having fun and then I confessed. Cloud69

Luckily, none of my male straight friends stopped being my friends when I told them that I was gay.

Comment

• CutieShank
      CutieShank commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you going to feel bad if one of them stop being friends with you because you're gay?

• BangGang
      BangGang commented
      Editing a comment
      CutieShank Of course not, I understand him if he doesn't want me to be his friends anymore.

• CutieShank
      CutieShank commented
      Editing a comment
      I like your mindset. BangGang, But I think your friends will understand you.

Yes, I lost a couple of friends but I did not mind it because in return I made new incredible friends who accepts and truly understand me for who I am. I am much better now because of them and I much stronger now because of those people who criticized me.

Comment

• DurtyDirke
      DurtyDirke commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you are right about that, we may lost people in our life but we also meet new people who are willing to stick with us.

THose that we have lost, were just really passersby. But I think all of us has lost someone somehow the moment we accepted who we are. What matters are those who stayed and those we have newly met.

Comment

Originally posted by BangGang View Post
      THose that we have lost, were just really passersby. But I think all of us has lost someone somehow the moment we accepted who we are. What matters are those who stayed and those we have newly met.
      AGREE TO THIS! we could never force people but we should be thankful for those who stayed.

Comment

• BangGang
        BangGang commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, but sometimes I forced them to stay cause I am afraid to do it alone.

• BaconLover
        BaconLover commented
        Editing a comment
        that's fine, sometimes, we all need not to feel alone. BangGang

My friends already know what my sexuality is, they just wait for me to say it.

Comment

• Stanlee
        Stanlee commented
        Editing a comment
        You are lucky with your friends. I bet it was more fun when you came out of the closet.

• Proxie
        Proxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Isn't it fun when your friends has already accepted you way before you tried to let out your sexuality. I wonder if some even tried to flirt with me I just have not read the signs lol
    Working...
    X