Dating Someone With Gender Identity Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating Someone With Gender Identity Problems

I have been dating someone for the last few months. We met on here. And they have this gender identity thing. I do not want ot get into too much detail but they are very much thinking of getting a sex change. I do not really know what to do. I can't say do not do it but I also do not want to date a women. I feel like a piece of shit. I feel like there is no winning here. What do I do?

Yeah you are not in a great situation. Like at all. If you want to get out I would just do it. Make it something regarding your life. Like you need to deal with a relative who is down on their luck or your job is aboutto get super demanding and you won't have time for someone. Let her down easy.

Comment

Actually, yeah, I have to agree with that whole thing. You are not a good situation. You need to be honest with them because the longer you wait the more it'll hurt. There is nothing wrong with leaving a situation because you know that it will hurt them in the end. You just need to always be honest. Keep offering them support and love and everything. That way there won't be any lies.

Comment

I think that is the smart way to go. In the end if you can't be with a woman than you need to let this one go so that they may be happy. That is the deal breaker and there is nothing wrong with that. Some gay men are strickly dickly. If you know what I mean, some can handle being with someone who changes sexes and some can't. This just happens. Be honest though, otherwise you could hurt them more and they seem to need support and affection right now.

Comment

You just need to be there for them and talk to them about your concerns and always come at it from a place of love and respect. You do not want them to hurt anymore than they probably already will be. However, this isn't your fault. it is no one's fault. Just try and be a good person and be ok with what they are going through.

Comment

I totally agree with what they're saying. Pretty much just be with them through the process if you want to or you can choose to opt out. As long as you're willing to tell the truth. Everybody deserves to know the truth even if it's half truth.

Comment

Break up with him and if he asks (which he would definitely do) tell him that what you want is to be with a man and not somebody who's planning to transition

Comment

Working...
              X