Gay's problem from religious family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay's problem from religious family

How to go out to the closet when you have a very religious family?

Originally posted by Steezy View Post
    this is quite sad. I have seen friends being judged by some religious family most especially if they enter into a relationship. they always say being gay is okay but having sexual relations is not. always go for your freedom and happiness. Life is short.

Comment

• BigBrony
      BigBrony commented
      Editing a comment
      same. it's like telling them so you can be gay but you can't be happy. You just got to watch us be in love and make families while you will be alone in your life because same sex relationship is a sin. I don't really think that is acceptance at all

• Cyrax
      Cyrax commented
      Editing a comment
      I know and some even to the point of kicking them out of the family inheritance. that is so stupid, and they ever think of being in heaven? lol they should start thinking again

it is really going to be a long explaining to do. I hope you get over this one man.

Comment

Being in the situation is one of the hardest part. Because religious people clings into the idea that only a man and a woman exist by nature. But through time, blood is thicker than anything else. You will be accepted soon hun.

Comment

I hope we do not stand prejudice on the religious people not being able to accept us. My grannies are all religious persons but when I told them who I really was, they were happy for me because finally I have accepted who I was. It still depends on the people whether they will be judgemental or not.

Comment

• Steezy
          Steezy commented
          Editing a comment
          You are so lucky to have a family that supports you and accepts you. It really is so hard for me, they may accept me for being gay but having a gay partner. I really doubt it.

• Cube
          Cube commented
          Editing a comment
          Steezy yes I am and I am so thankful for that. what I am trying to point out is, the acceptance we get is not just about the religion of our family. there are many families that are not religious but still not accepting.

I am glad my family is not religious. Never had issues with coming out. But if you are no longer dependent with them. why would it matter?

Comment

• Cube
          Cube commented
          Editing a comment
          family always matter. we could not deny, we crave for approval from them.,.

• BigBrony
          BigBrony commented
          Editing a comment
          because at the end of they day they are family. and lets get real, we all want family.

This is really an interesting topic as I see some of my friends gone to hell because of this. There are some religions that condemns same sex., some of them accepts it but only to those who will not indulge into a same sex relationship which is pretty sad.

Comment

Well first, I hope this never happens to anyone again. There is nothing wrong with being gay. It's disgusting to see some families look down to gay members and treats an addict better than a gay. We are not criminals. So fuck the family!

Comment

• Steezy
            Steezy commented
            Editing a comment
            I do not understand as well why are they so apprehensive accepting gay family members. My family for example thinks it is immoral. It is very discouraging

this does not only happen to religious family. it happens to everyone disregarding the religion. this is so unfair and totally inhuman. If my family will not accept me, I will live alone and be with people that can accept me for who I am.

Comment

• Steezy
            Steezy commented
            Editing a comment
            but we all crave for acceptance right? especially if you found a partner and his family accepts your relationship totally. I feel it is quite unfair that I can't even bring him to dinner because my family does not even know I am gay

• Boosh
            Boosh commented
            Editing a comment
            If you are always afraid of not being accepted you will never be happy. Why? because you yourself has not accepted who you are. it might not be instant but family is family. they will not be able to not accept after quite sometime. just my 2 cents dear

Originally posted by Steezy View Post
          just tell them over dinner. if they really are your family, I bet they already knew. They might just only be waiting for you to come out. go for it!

Comment

• Boosh
            Boosh commented
            Editing a comment
            have you not really felt like one of them knew already? Steezy when I came out my sisters and mom already knew. I though I was so good at hiding it but eventually I never was. they were already prepared a long time ago,. it was I who was not prepared to come out just yet.

• LollySucker
            LollySucker commented
            Editing a comment
            @Steezy... your family is not dumb. for sure they already know. not bringing girlfriends for a long time? naaahhhh suspicions arise

• Cyrax
            Cyrax commented
            Editing a comment
            LollySucker well some families knows but they will not accept. so yes, this is still possible. too much is at stake and not everyone can bet

Just my 2 cents./ this post is bias.. not all religious are homophobic... they are not the same

Comment

• JoJoFlex
            JoJoFlex commented
            Editing a comment
            while it is true but there are religions who blatantly treat homosexuality as evil. and if you are a religious person, it goes deep within

• Grifter
            Grifter commented
            Editing a comment
            FINALLY you said something I can agree LollySucker LOL

• Steezy
            Steezy commented
            Editing a comment
            but we can't deny the fact that some religion condemns us. they treat us like disease and they think being gay is a sin... retards

we all go through different stages in our lives. Not just about having a religious a family but most of the time, we crave for acceptance and we can't let it go. So accept yourself first and accept that not everyone will accept you.

Comment

• Grifter
            Grifter commented
            Editing a comment
            we all carry that kind of pressure in our lives. But for fuck's sake everyone is dying for bizaare reasons anyway. give it a go

• Steezy
            Steezy commented
            Editing a comment
            You got it right in here Grifter after everything, we are at a phase to actually give ourselves a chance to be happy. We gotta let ourself be free and live as we desire. We always want to remember that, if 3 people could not accept us, 30 will love us.
        Working...
        X