Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to keep your head high when the world is against you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to keep your head high when the world is against you!

There are stereotypes when it comes to gender identity in the society and I'm one of those people who suffered a lot because of such things. My family didn't approve and I didn't have many friends like other kids of my age. But I was strong enough to hold my head high and live my life the way I felt was right. What we need to realize is that we can't live a lie to satisfy other people's stereotypes. If your gender identity isn't what people call 'normal', then don't worry about it, because you can change it. It's how you feel within you and other people will not understand. Just be who you are and let others deal with their own problems. You will definitely lose some people, but I think that's a good thing. What's the point of having that kinda people around to begin with? If they really love you, they will understand you. As time passes, you will find the people who love you for who you are. Now, I can turn back and say that my family really really loves me and I have a small group of friends who are loyal and fun. If someone told me 20 years ago that I would end up here, I would have lived my life exactly the same way because this is awesome.

@Harris.K you're spot on. There's no point living your life in a certain way to make others happy Most of those people don't care about you anyway.

Comment

If a person really loves you, they should be able to understand you and accept you no matter what. That's what I told my mum two years ago, because my dad didn't talk to me much. But later, he learned to understand me and we get along very well now. That's what matters the most. At the end of the day, you will have a great bunch of people around you and yes, they go through a lot for you too. You got to appreciate that. Especially parents and siblings.

Comment

Working...
      X