I'm having trouble expressing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having trouble expressing myself

as far as i honestly feel, i'm a woman stuck in a man's body. that's how i have felt all my life. for seventeen years, i lived like a boy to my best ability since i pretty much had no choice. i know for sure that my family will never understand my struggle. i come from a very traditional family. i don't have that many friends, because i've scared most of them away. i feel stuck behind this shell of male appearance and behavior and i just want to break free. what can i do to get there? i would honestly do anything to get out of this situation. every minute i live like this, is a minute i waste and suffer and i want it to stop.

I felt so sad when I read this post. No one should live like that. You have the right to identify your gender the way you feel is right. No one can or should stop you from doing that. From what I understand, there's a lot of pressure on you to live in a certain way from the family and the society. As someone who had very similar problems, moving out to a new city and starting a fresh life. It will be difficult. You will need to stat things from the scratch. You will miss you family and friends, but when you're in a situation like that, you will have to make some sacrifices.

Comment

Hey Colby!! You sound really stressed. Cheer up a bit. You're just 20 years old and you're young and you got the time on your hands to make some changes to find happiness. You will need to make some changes I guess. Start being positive and work hard towards your dream of living the way you want.

Comment

Times have changed but there are so many people who are still struggling with gender identity which is sad. Some parts of the society that we live in still think in such narrow minded ways. It's a shame!! I can imagine your strugle and I can related to it in some ways. Be patient and make the changes that you need to make, so that you can be happy and free.

Comment

Get out of that town and move to a place where people's thinking has actually evolved. That's what I did and I managed to be free!! Obviously, it won't be easy, but any hardship is worth it if you get to be the person that you really are. I have a great bunch of friends that I call my family in my adopted city and I live a very happy life. I never go to my home town, because it's a place full of bad memories for me. I have parents and siblings coming over to visit me once or twice a year and that works out for everyone. You should consider doing something like that.

Comment

i can't describe in words how much i appreciate you guys responding to my thread. i'm prepared to go through any hardship if i can come out of this situation. right now i feel like i'm stuck n that's not a great feeling. i've considered moving out of town a few times and i feel that you guys are right. i will start putting up a plan together, because i don't want to move in to a new city or town just like that. i'll get things ready, save some money and ideally find a job or a few opportunities. i don't mind spending a few more months like this if i have something like that to look forward to thank you very much guys!!

Comment

I saw your post and got curious about it. So you posted this on January and I want to know is there any progress in your life? Or you're still stuck with expressing yourself?

Comment

Working...
              X