Not a phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a phase

I'm single and from Tulsa, Oklahoma. I would like to share a bit about myself here. Do you guys know that some people assume I'm straight because I'm not 'too gay to function'? I don't dress like a gay man, I prefer suits and ties, or any casual outfit that does not consider me a gay man but I'm not ashamed of my sexuality. My friends thought that I was going through a phase or having an identity crisis when I told them that I was gay.

Hi ThaDude, are you sure that you're gay? Or maybe you're just bisexual? Well, I wouldn't assume that for now since you don't have a profile picture yet if there is then I might be the judge of that.

Comment

• BaconLover
      BaconLover commented
      Editing a comment
      So you're saying that he's still going through a phase? I guess not. Some people just can't accept the fact that most hot men are actually gay and I happen to be one of them, lol!

• Thighler
      Thighler commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think that clothes shouldn't be an issue when it comes to the persons sexual preference. Just because he doesn't want to wear clothes that are effeminate, it doesn't mean that he is not gay

• CUM EATER
      CUM EATER commented
      Editing a comment
      Whilst we're on the subject of profile pictures, Cyrax, where's yours?

Just ignore the people who are questioning your sexuality based on your choice of clothing. I bet that they wouldn't question that if you date someone who's a bear. In case you don't know what a bear looks like, here's a pic

Comment

• Jonesy
      Jonesy commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you thinking that those bears would end up beating up the person that would be questioning their clothing choices?

• Jilter
      Jilter commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not like bears as they look awful. No offense but they could transform themselves into athletic men if they want to.

If you have no plans of wearing feminine looking clothes, why not go for suits and ties that are a bit flashy. Maybe something that Rupaul or Neil Patrick Harris would wear

Comment

• JayKay
      JayKay commented
      Editing a comment
      He is already okay. No need to wear flashy clothes. He could still continue those masculine suits as he had already started having those things.

Were all your friends shocked when they learned that you are gay? Did they remain to be your friend? I know some stories where they were left behind by their friends when they learned that they were gay.

Comment

• Wolvie
      Wolvie commented
      Editing a comment
      That's when you know who your true friends are even if you're gay, lesbian, disabled, bipolar, poor, or abused. In the end, you're still left with the people who truly care about you regardless of who you really are and they're the best kind of people.

• BigDaddyJoe
      BigDaddyJoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Some stories are different, my friends chose to stay even when I came out. They're a keeper! None of them even despises me just 'coz I'm gay.

Well, that is an advantage on your part as you would have less discrimination. As you see, the more manly you are, the lesser that other people would bully you.

Comment

• TwinkleToes
      TwinkleToes commented
      Editing a comment
      It's sad, right? Even some of us gays here have to dress accordingly as to how we look, especially if we're manly-looking. We have to wear something decent to avoid any judgment from others and I think you cannot stop them from that.

• Cloud69
      Cloud69 commented
      Editing a comment
      TwinkleToes We must welcome ourselves to the real world. The real world operates that way and there is little to nothing that we can do with it.

Originally posted by ThaDude View Post
    Do you guys know that some people assume I'm straight because I'm not 'too gay to function'? I don't dress like a gay man, I prefer suits and ties, or any casual outfit that does not consider me a gay man but I'm not ashamed of my sexuality.
    How old were those people who told you that? Because it sounds like they're from two generations ago based on the gay stereotype that they know

Comment

• Cracker
      Cracker commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe ThaDude is not like one of those overdressed gay types, that's why he mentioned what clothes he usually wears. I don't think old folks wouldn't even bother telling him how he should dress or behave, that would be rude.

• ChokingHazard
      ChokingHazard commented
      Editing a comment
      Cracker so what do you want him to wear? Stick to the ones that he owns or do you want him to be flamboyant?

• Cracker
      Cracker commented
      Editing a comment
      ChokingHazard He should stick to one that he wants or owns, you can't force him to wear something that he doesn't prefer

You could be manly looking and still be gay. I know some people who are like that. Well, it is their choice anyway.

Comment

• Steezy
      Steezy commented
      Editing a comment
      I look manly most of the time even though I'm ultra gay especially when I'm with friends. I know some people who are straight but love make-up and fashion, and it's no big deal anyway.

• TylerBurden
      TylerBurden commented
      Editing a comment
      How about you? Do you think that you look manly?

It sounds like those people who said that to you are living in the 50's or something with the way they're thinking. I would suggest to ignore them and just be yourself

Comment

• BabyBoyBum
      BabyBoyBum commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe they often mistaken gay people to trannies. They're unaware that use gay men can also dress accordingly to our mood just like how women do.

Why not just move to another city if you feel that you're being judged because you don't fit a certain preconceive notion

Comment

• MickeyDee
      MickeyDee commented
      Editing a comment
      If he ever does that, are you going to help him to start all over? Because there's a chance that he's all settled there that starting over is not a good idea for him

• Conan
      Conan commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not that easy to move from one place to another, CaptainSucko.
      He might get more anxious about it since moving to another city means you're new and you don't know people there.
      Some might take advantage of you.

But there are gay men who look and act like real men. Those are the closeted gays. But obviously you are not a closet gay.

Comment

Working...
    X