Falling in love with a workmate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling in love with a workmate

In most work places, it is forbidden to have a relationship with a co-worker. Suppose you fell in love with your co-worker, what would you do? Would you resign and keep the love or ditch the love and continue to work?

It depends on the other person. If he likes me too and we could be together then I would resign from that work and we could have a happy life. Oherwise, I would need to ditch that love and go on with my work.

Comment

• Wade
      Wade commented
      Editing a comment
      Why are you going to be the one who'll resign? What would you do with your life then? Anyway, I do think that I'll ditch that love especially if I am not really into him.

• TeeRex
      TeeRex commented
      Editing a comment
      Wade And who is supposed to resign? I do not think that he would do it. So it would be better if I do it.

I would not resign but I would keep the love. I would make sure that our affair would be in a total secret. We would only meet outside and would not have any interactions with each other while we are inside the workplace.

Comment

• Cracker
      Cracker commented
      Editing a comment
      This is also what I would do. Keep him as a boyfriend while keeping the job. The key here is to be on a low profile. Why would you broadcast to the world that you are already together?

• Thighler
      Thighler commented
      Editing a comment
      And how you keep it as a secret? What happens next should the company learns it?

• Cracker
      Cracker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thighler You shouldn't be that stupid to let the company learn about it. That's why I told you that it's best to keep it low profile, we can have dates all we want but no one will ever know.

If I was in that situation, I think I will keep our relationship a secret for as long as I can. Besides, we can still go for a date whenever we are not working, right?

Comment

• SamMB
      SamMB commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you could keep it as a secret. No one should know so that both of you need not resign from your job. You would see each other every work day. How nice.

If I am head over heels with this guy, I will probably give way and just resign. In that way, we can continue our relationship and we'll be happy. After all, I have faith that I can find a new job.

Comment

• Drifter
      Drifter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. If you have a faith to find a new job, then go on and resign. You would have a better job and a new boyfriend.

• Jonesy
      Jonesy commented
      Editing a comment
      So, a boyfriend is more important than your job? It's your choice anyway and besides, if he really is the one then he should be serious about your relationship. I mean, isn't it enough that you're serious to him that you even chose to resign in your current workplace?

Originally posted by BigDaddyJoe View Post
    In most work places, it is forbidden to have a relationship with a co-worker. Suppose you fell in love with your co-worker, what would you do? Would you resign and keep the love or ditch the love and continue to work?
    I'd continue to work and dismiss this love thing. Love isn't going to help me pay my bills but if a co-worker wanted to hookup and nothing serious about it then it must be discreet and no one has to find out, right?

Comment

• Cloud69
      Cloud69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your comment is so on-point! I do agree that love does not help pay the bills so it's better to focus on your job and you should never "fall in love" with a coworker because it would most likely end up in one-sided love.
Working...
X