He was uninvited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was uninvited

So, you have a new boyfriend and both of you organized a party. You invited your ex as you are still friends with each other. On the day of the party, your ex did not arrive. You called him and you learned that your current boyfriend uninvited him to the party. What would you do and how would you feel?

I would ask my current boyfriend why he uninvited him when I was the one who invited him in the first place. He could have a reason why. I need to know it first before I would react.

Comment

• ThaThrist
      ThaThrist commented
      Editing a comment
      Given that you two are friends, but you haven't thought about your partner's feelings towards that decision of yours? Now you're just being selfish to your partner.

• TwinkleToes
      TwinkleToes commented
      Editing a comment
      He is jealous obviously, that is why he immediately told your ex that he is no longer invited to the party since you and your partner planned this whole party, right?

I think I would accept that already, it is given that an ex is already an ex and I should be happy that my new boyfriend loves me so much and does not want to have such drama in our new lives as couples. I guess it's time for me to cut ties with my ex for my new boyfriend.

Comment

• Jilter
      Jilter commented
      Editing a comment
      What needs to be done, HAS to be done. It's not that he's being jealous or overprotective, it should be fair that you shouldn't have invited your ex over since he did NOT invite his ex to the party too right?

It's called respect, he's not friends with his ex and did not invite him over. Therefore, you shouldn't be inviting your ex even if you two are friends or in good terms. First of all, both of you organized the party, right? So he's free to choose who to invite AND you didn't tell him beforehand that you plan to invite your ex.

Comment

• LollySucker
      LollySucker commented
      Editing a comment
      It could be that his current boyfriend was just jealous, so he uninvited that man. We know that jealous could do lots of things.

It was not fair! He was invited in the first place. He had the right to invite whomever he wants to invite. They are friends, after all. Since his boyfriend felt bitter, he uninvited him which should not be.

Comment

• Jonesy
      Jonesy commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe that's his boyfriend's way of saying that he must not be friends with his exes, which is petty, why would he not allow his boyfriend to be friends with whom he likes?

• BaconLover
      BaconLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Jonesy they did not discuss the people that they are going to invite and they might not have discussed the part when his boyfriend is good friends with his own ex and plans to invite him over the party.

I will get mad at my boyfriend for what he did. That action just proved that he's jealous and insecure over my ex so I'll probably tell him that I want a cool off in our relationship. I can't stand being with an overly jealous partner.

Comment

• MannaMontana
      MannaMontana commented
      Editing a comment
      Whoa, chill out! Maybe he's just angry by the fact that you didn't tell him about inviting your ex to the party, but then again, he has the right to be jealous because he's your new partner. It means that he really loves you. Regardless that you and your ex are in good terms, you two still had a past which your new partner is unaware of.

Seems like someone is jealous, huh? If my boyfriend is like that, I'll probably give him a lecture about having trust in me. Well, I can't blame him because our relationship is new so he's probably still feeling unsecured with our relationship. But I'll give him assurance so that he won't act like that again.

Comment

• BabyBoyBum
      BabyBoyBum commented
      Editing a comment
      You two should talk about it and yes, you must give him the assurance that he should NOT be insecure about you and your ex being friends. Maybe it's just new to him that you didn't even mention anything that involves around your ex. Well, it's best if you two would discuss it.

• Cracker
      Cracker commented
      Editing a comment
      It could mean that his boyfriend loves him, and he was scared that something might happen when the two of you meet at the party.

Woah! My new boyfriend didn't have the right to do that because my ex was my visitor. For fairness, I'll choose one among his closest friends and tell him/her to leave the party. What he did was unacceptable for me so I'll also do something unacceptable for him.

Comment

• SamMB
      SamMB commented
      Editing a comment
      You two are such petty partners, I guess it's time for you two to go on their separate ways, kidding aside! I don't think that you two shouldn't be acting like that just for a one day party.

• DurtyDirke
      DurtyDirke commented
      Editing a comment
      Cloud69 so you're going to ask one of your boyfriend's visitors to leave the party just to be even? Whoa, that is rude and funny to think about, I hope that it doesn't go that way. It's awkward and obvious that you two are throwing shades at each other, that's not a good thing to do.

It's your moment to be with your boyfriend and you should respect his feelings if he is not comfortable with you being friends with your ex. I know it would be difficult to make a few adjustments but you've made a choice to be with him right? So better respect it that way.

Comment

• SeanDoe
      SeanDoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! Direct to the point. Well, you're in a relationship for a reason, right? So you must respect the relationship that you're in so that there wouldn't be much bad blood to it. Everyone would be at peace.

• GirthyGrills
      GirthyGrills commented
      Editing a comment
      But my boyfriend should have told me that he had uninvited my ex-boyfriend. I should have known it from the start and not on the day itself. I was waiting and nobody came.

I would ask my ex-boyfriend what my boyfriend told him. I need to know more before I would talk to my boyfriend. I need to have a complete picture of what really transpired.

Comment

• Cube
      Cube commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. The ex-boyfriend must be asked and the boyfriend must be asked, too. Their stories should collaborate with each other. If not, then someone was telling a lie. Lol.
Working...
X