Standards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standards

Each person has his own preferences. Some have average standards while others have set it to be so high. What can you say about the people who had raised their standards to be so high? Is it a sign of being vain or is it something else? For example, they would only accept men who are at least 6 foot tall and anyone below that height would just be ignored.

If they look so good, then it is fine for them to have high standards. I guess that they just want to make it fair for themselves. They believe that a handsome person must be with a handsome person as a partner. For me, it does not bother me at all as it is already a given case.

Comment

• Conan
      Conan commented
      Editing a comment
      That's right! If they think that they are capable of having a high standard but if not, then they'd better stick their feet to the ground.

• Wade
      Wade commented
      Editing a comment
      "If you want to change your life, you have to raise your standards: as the wise old saying goes.

• Grifter
      Grifter commented
      Editing a comment
      Just don't be abusive with setting up a high standard. Attitude comes first before anything else.

There's nothing wrong with having such high standards because it only means the person that they going to end up with will be really loved since he has passed the standards that the other guy is looking for.

Comment

• CaptainSucko
      CaptainSucko commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh. You are a good answer there. You could be right that he could be loved as he passed the standards. Or, he could be lusted only as he met the high standards.

• Jilter
      Jilter commented
      Editing a comment
      How about your taste in men? Have you always made sure that they passed your standards before agreeing to have a date with them?

Originally posted by IronBulge View Post
    For example, they would only accept men who are at least 6 foot tall and anyone below that height would just be ignored.
    If we're going to talk about your example. He should make sure that's the average height of the people who are around him. Because if he's living in a country who are below six feet. He's going to have a hard time looking for guys who would pass his standards.

Comment

• Cracker
      Cracker commented
      Editing a comment
      You are right with that one, but most of us are on that range. We are fortunate that our race provided it.

• BigBrony
      BigBrony commented
      Editing a comment
      Is he looking for a basketball player or something like that? Well, there are tall men anywhere on the planet. Even on the places with population that are not racially tall, there would still be some people who are gifted with good heights.

It is okay to have some standard when it comes to the person that you want to be with. But you should also remember that you shouldn't set them too high that you're going to have a hard time looking for a potential partner.

Comment

• GirthyGrills
      GirthyGrills commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you thinking that he might be looking for somebody who's hard to find or that he has unrealistic standards?

• Artoo
      Artoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Right! Very well said. Let us have some high standards, but not so high that you would need to travel the whole world before you see that person.

There's nothing wrong with having high standards when it comes to finding a boyfriend. But I think we should also be willing to lower them from time to time.

Comment

• LumberJacked
      LumberJacked commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you been with someone who wasn't able to pass your standards?

• IggyCock
      IggyCock commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a given that there should be some sort of compromise when it comes to relationships. You can't always rely on your standard since you might end up not being able to find a person to be with.

• TylerBurden
      TylerBurden commented
      Editing a comment
      What are the reasons why we need to lower it sometimes? Is it because there are few people who pass the high standards? Is it because of the difficulty in finding those men?

I don't think that having standards doesn't mean that you're vain. It only means that you just want the best for yourself and there's nothing wrong with it as long as it is attainable.

Comment

• TwinkleToes
      TwinkleToes commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, maybe, but he should be open to that. Wolvie

• TwinkleToes
      TwinkleToes commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not sure, but I think yes. how about you? What do you see? BobbyD

• TwinkleToes
      TwinkleToes commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, do you have a problem with that? MannaMontana

It is possible that you might be a little vain or think highly of yourself if your standard are quite high when it comes to people that you're hoping to date. I would suggest that you should learn how to adjust from time to time because trying to maintain your standards actually limits your choices.

Comment

Working...
    X