Coming Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Out

Alright, full disclosure, I am not openly gay. I come from a famiy that is not ok with being gay but trust me I am as gay as they come. I am surprised they just haven't figured it out yet. Anyways, I am on here because I would like to take a pause on random hooking up and actually meet someone. I think I am fully ready to be open about who I am with the people I love because I am at a point in my life where I want to settle down. I want to meet someone and settle down and be open and honest with my family. I want love. Real love. I want to be a whole person. Would anyone even be interested in that kind of thing?

That is beautiful. Looking for love in a family that is against what you care for. Such a romantically tradegic tale. I also came from a family who did not like the fact that I was gay. It sucked a lot for a very long time after I came out. My mom is great now, everything is fine there but my dad still hasn't exactly come around. At least he tried though. Which says a lot all things considered. Just sit them down and let them know that you are going through this and that you are the same person and that you will always be the same person and it doesn't matter who you love because this makes you happy. Speak from a place of love and not fear. You will do well and it will feel amazing in the long run.

Comment

I told my religious dad when I was 16 and we haven't spoken since. The rest of my family is fine with it but he can't even start to think aboutthe idea that one of his kids might be gay. It hurts him way too much. I think he is over reacting but it still hurts. Be carefulwhen it comes to opening up to your family. I know it seems like thisis something you need to do but it also brings up the risk that you will find out thatyour parents are the absolute worst people and you have lost them. Really make sure that this is something that you want to do before you do it.

Comment

That is my biggest nightmare. That my family will just abandon me. I love them and we have always been there for each other. I desperately feel like they know who I am but I am still scared that they will hate me. I would die if my father stopped talking to me for years. I can't even handle it. I want to use that speech and just tell them that I am the same person. Because I truly am. I am just a gay man who is very much open with everything I want to do and be. I think this will be good but fuck I am scared. So scared.

Comment

That's the attitude. You aren't a different person. On the subject of the other part of your post, the dating part. That is not a deal breaker, we all get that it is very hard to be open with your family when you have no idea how they will react. I do not think anyone out there will see this as a bad thing. There will be some people who will pressure you into doing it but in the end majority of people will totally understand. Take your time with it. Date if you want. Tell your family if you want. it is your life and you are the owner of it.

Comment

Working...
          X