Open Relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Relationships

I am happily married to my husband. 15 years and we are still going strong. I adore him. We have recently decided that we are going to have an open relationship. I have never done this before. Is there anyone on here who has done this and is the outcome good or is my marriage in trouble? What should I do? Do we need rules? I just need some insight.

This comes up all the time in conversation with gay men. The open relationship thing. There are a lot of ups and downs to this whole thing but mainly, you need to take a look at it like...do you want to cheat? If you say no, then it will probably not work out for you. If you are cool with cheating, ask yourself why? Why do you want to cheat? Look at everything this way and you will begin to understand what is happening. If you both are super in love and just need that extra something on the side when you go for business trips than that is on you. I had a few open relationships and it was always because we needed something more out of each other that we just weren't getting. I do know poeple who make it work. I have friends who have been doing it for years and they love each other a ton and just adopted a child. However, that is the exception to the rule. Maybe talk to him about why you need to do something like that.

Comment

Try to find something else to do together versus having an affair. I know you think this will help but if you aren't on board. I mean, that should be the obvious thing to do. Just place everything you got going on on hold. Talk to each other about this, because this could be a relationship ruiner. You got this though. I believe thatyou can figure this all out.

Comment

I have been with a few people who wanted open relationships and people who did not. it is hard to say that say what is happening here. But the bottom line is if you aren't happy and you aren't living the life you wish that you were and you think this will change things than yeah by all means do it. But if you are filled with nothing but bad vibes. Dont do it because then you will end up getting hurt.

Comment

You are honestly too young to care about this sort of thing. Jut live life. Do whatever you want but just do not forget about who you are. If you arne't happy with this arrangement, dump him and find someone else. You will be so thankful and happy in the end that you did. You deserve to be with someone who wants to be with you.

Comment

I just want to make sure that I am making the right choice. it is not that I am against it, I would love to have an open relationship but I am just thinking about the whole thing that is like "what is happening with us that i am ok with this?" Why should this be a thing that I want to do? I love my husband, I really do but if I am ok with this does that mean that I am going to hurt him or get hurt. What does that mean?

Comment

I think you are just over thinking this whole thing. If you are happy with it and he is happy with it and you both still love each other and think this would be fine than why question it? I mean, I think that is a great task to take on. Plus, I am all about tons of sexy sex with lots of people. Just be safe and make rules. Always makes rules and stick to them.

Comment

Rules?

Comment

Yeah you need to have rules in place otherwise you are fucked. You gotta set limits, make sure that everything is done with ease and rules. My rules are always' no one we know aka total strangers, you can cum inside them (on them is fine), you always choose me first. That is the main one. You need to bethe first priority.

Comment

Working...
                  X