What's the best? Hookup chat or PM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best? Hookup chat or PM?

I don't know much about online dating, so im' not sure if this is a good question or not. What's the best way to communicate with the people that you know online? I'm strugling to pick between the chat and private messaging as I see pros and cons in both methods. So I thought that it would be a good idea to ask the members. What do you guys prefer?

well for me, there's nothing like the chat. it's so fast n smooth. i mean u can't depend on private messaging if you want a relationship to move fast. it might take a day for someone to reply to a private message whereas on hook up chat, you can expect a response instantly. i think that's the most important thing about instant messaging. it's just like talking to someone on the phone. the conversation takes place without any time in between. you can rarely get the in private messaging.

Comment

Dixon.G is right. There's no point using PM unless the person that you want to talk to is offline. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time the way I see it.

Comment

What I like about PM is the fact that I can think about what I'm writing. With instant messaging, you don't have that much time to response and I sometimes get nervous and says the most ridiculous things!! That's the main reason why I'm for PM. But I do agree about what you've said about instant messaging. Things do flow fast and that's important.

Comment

Like you have said, both have pros and cons and you can't just stick to one method. When someone is offline, you need the PM because you can't reach them through the hook up chat. When someone is online, there's no point using private messagin. So it's just a matter of picking the most suitable method according to the situation.

Comment

Working...
          X