A dating app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dating app

I had the chance to know this man from a dating app. At first, we only chatted every night. Just purely chat and he explicitly stated on his profile that he was not into anything else aside from chat. One night, while we were chatting, he did not reply with my messages anymore. He later apologized that he was having an argument with his boyfriend. I advised him that if he really likes his boyfriend then he must continue with him. He said that he did not want him anymore. I guess he dumped the man. Days passed by and he told me that there is this new guy who was nice, caring and he liked him. I told him that if he likes him, then he must go on with the relationship. He later confessed that he feels closer to me than that guy. I like him a little but I could not accept him as I know that we are not compatible with each other. The relationship even if forcefully be pushed through would not work. Let us remember that he dumps his boyfriends as quickly as possible. What shall I do next?

Maybe play the long game? Like dragging it out until you're sure that he's sincere.

Comment

• BabyBoyBum
      BabyBoyBum commented
      Editing a comment
      How many weeks or months are we talking about here exactly?

• RyanUlrich
      RyanUlrich commented
      Editing a comment
      Again, why are people asking about 'how long' on un-quantifiable things like this? Can someone really give an exact measure on feelings?

• MannaMontana
      MannaMontana commented
      Editing a comment
      Drag it out until when? And what would I gonna do if he turns out to be insincere?

I hate it when people decides to play mind games like this. Makes my day extra miserable.

Comment

• CockyMalone
      CockyMalone commented
      Editing a comment
      Mind games? I do not find it as a mind game. It could actually happen in real life. Maybe, it had not happened with you yet but for other people this could be their cases.

• MannaMontana
      MannaMontana commented
      Editing a comment
      And you actually think that I playing a mind game here? If you think that this is just a mind game, then you are simply wrong.

You just go along with it for a while and if everything feels not in place, just break it up.

Comment

• LarsRocco
      LarsRocco commented
      Editing a comment
      Been using this method for years now. Worked a few times for me.

• MannaMontana
      MannaMontana commented
      Editing a comment
      But how do I get along? Shall I continue to be in contact with him?

As you said, he has a history of dumping his boyfriends as easy as 1, 2, 3 so there is a big chance that you would also be one of those to be dumped easily. Would you like to treated as a trash that once used it would be discarded?

Comment

• Cloud69
      Cloud69 commented
      Editing a comment
      In that case, we'll both be trash but with our own way. lol

• MannaMontana
      MannaMontana commented
      Editing a comment
      This is actually one of my fears. Well, we all know that rejection could break someone's spirit.

What is preventing you from liking him? And could prevent him from dumping you? I know that, sometimes, there are so many questions that need to be answered first before we could actually decide on what to do next.

Comment

• GirthyGrills
      GirthyGrills commented
      Editing a comment
      Ever tried jumping on a body of water during night? It's somewhat like that.

• StiffySteve
      StiffySteve commented
      Editing a comment
      GirthyGrills As long as the body of water is deep enough for me to swim then I could do that.

• MannaMontana
      MannaMontana commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I know. But giving all information here would consume too much time and space. But, anyway, I had given the most important ones and we could start it from there.

Maybe you can just have it casual with him, nothing really serious. Because based on what you've said about him, he might be the type who treats his relationships the way he treats his underwear. He needs to change it often

Comment

• Cornholio
      Cornholio commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't believe that men can't change?

• GagDaddy
      GagDaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Cornholio Men can always change but what would be the chance that he would change for you? It would take a very special person, perhaps, to make someone change his ways.

Just end it. It won't make any sense in the end. If he could not make up his decision on who he really wants, then stay away from him. If he wants you and you want him, fate will lead together.

Comment

• Cloud69
      Cloud69 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's amazing how we are on the technological age but some people still believe in fate. Keep it up.

• SamMB
      SamMB commented
      Editing a comment
      Cloud69 Don't you believe in a fate?

• DirtMcGirth
      DirtMcGirth commented
      Editing a comment
      Believing in fate is one of few things that keep me sane in this fucked up world. I don't know for you though

I would suggest that you just find another guy to be with rather than go out with him. Remember that he was flirting with you even if he's in a relationship. That can only mean that he's willing to do the exact same thing if he finds another guy that he fancies

Comment

• LumberJacked
      LumberJacked commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly. It could be that in the end, you would end up being dump just like what he did with the others before you. Just ignore him and look for someone else.

If you're thinking of going out with him, I would suggest to keep it casual and don't invest in it too much because you're going to be on the losing end of this relationship if you ever plan of taking things seriously with him

Comment

• TwinkleToes
      TwinkleToes commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice idea there. Yeah, he could try to go out with him but he should not make it that serious. Just casual outs to see if something good would come out from it.

• TylerBurden
      TylerBurden commented
      Editing a comment
      He could try to go out with him and gauge how it would gonna be. If he does not like the person after the meeting, then he should cease contacting him..

I would suggest that you just focus on your second to the last sentence and you would know what to do about the guy already

Comment

• CockyMalone
      CockyMalone commented
      Editing a comment
      So if his man was dumping his boyfriends that easily, would there not be some exceptions? Who knows that he could be an exception?
Working...
X