Partnership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partnership?

Some people would like to get married and in churches for that matter. They would want to have things like what the straight people have. But for me, marriage is no longer needed and it does not matter when I could simply have a civil partnership. When you have a civil partnership, you already have the things that the straight people have. In that sense, you have reached the end goals without undergoing the marriage in which most people are not amenable. What do you think?

Marriage is just a mere formality. Unless you're very religious that you're morals forces you to do it.

Comment

• StiffySteve
      StiffySteve commented
      Editing a comment
      But almost all religions do not accept it. And yes, marriage is a formality.

• DirtMcGirth
      DirtMcGirth commented
      Editing a comment
      StiffySteve I know that some churches would be refusing to take the wedding but would the other liberal ones do it?

It's a nice ceremony to hold to give your union a blessing from people. But if you don't really care what other people think, then don't do it.

Comment

• MannaMontana
      MannaMontana commented
      Editing a comment
      So, are you in favor with the partnership without marriage, then?

• Artoo
      Artoo commented
      Editing a comment
      There's no favors on who is right or wrong here. It's just a matter of preference. MannaMontana

An awesome way to announce to the world that you don't care what they think. That's gonna be my advice if you're fan of giving statements.

Comment

• Grifter
      Grifter commented
      Editing a comment
      That might be the biggest middle finger for the people who are against them.

Some people argue that marriage is for a man and a woman only so if that is their perception then I guess a partnership would do to reach the end goals.

Comment

• Wolvie
      Wolvie commented
      Editing a comment
      Well you can just tell them that you respect their belief and you can tell them that they should respect yours if you ever plan to get married

• MickeyDee
      MickeyDee commented
      Editing a comment
      Just ignore what they say about marriage. What's important is that you and partner love each other

I would love to get married someday because I want to show our love towards each other in front of our family and friends

Comment

• SlurpyToes
      SlurpyToes commented
      Editing a comment
      What kind of wedding would it be? Are big one or a small intimate one with only your families and some close friends?

• Grifter
      Grifter commented
      Editing a comment
      Big or small, doesn't matter because his endgame is not relevant to the size of the wedding

• Wade
      Wade commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure some tv shows or even cartoons taught us that being in a family doesn't need marriage.

I know that for some it's all about the paper and for legalities sake. But I absolutely want to get married and have a really fun reception afterwards

Comment

• TylerBurden
      TylerBurden commented
      Editing a comment
      I like your positivity toward your dream of getting married. I hope that your reception would be as fun as you envisioned it to be.

• IggyCock
      IggyCock commented
      Editing a comment
      So you're thinking of having a huge wedding considering the tone of how you want to have a fun reception after the ceremony

• JoJoFlex
      JoJoFlex commented
      Editing a comment
      So you're only doing it for the festivities and nothing else?

I think that most gay couples are not that interested in having a church wedding. All they're after is the document that the two of them would be signing in order to protect each others rights in case one of them dies early

Comment

• SeanDoe
      SeanDoe commented
      Editing a comment
      So, what rights are we talking about?

• CockyMalone
      CockyMalone commented
      Editing a comment
      I think this is the civil partnership that the topic starter was referring to.

• CaptainSucko
      CaptainSucko commented
      Editing a comment
      SeanDoe like being in charge of his estate when he passes

Comment

• Conan
      Conan commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the problem with people these days. They care too much on what others think about you.

• LollySucker
      LollySucker commented
      Editing a comment
      And when you did not invite the family member who was against the wedding, the more complaints would be heard from that person. But, anyway, yeah, you had a good suggestion: continue the wedding while not minding the others.
Working...
X