Gay community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay community

In some parts of the world, the gay communities are in full force. Meaning, they are accepted and there are community support.
    While in other parts of the world, the gay communities are simply absent and there are no support for the members of the LGBT.
    Now, what can we do to help those people who are in need to find some community support in locations where there are no such support?

We could only offer some online help as that is the only thing that we can do. There are no other means to help. There are still some restrictive countries in this world. We are lucky that we are living in the so called free countries but what about the others who happened to be born in those countries where homosexuality is a crime?

Comment

• Proxie
      Proxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by ButtThrust View Post
      We could only offer some online help as that is the only thing that we can do. There are no other means to help. There are still some restrictive countries in this world.
      It's hard to accept that some of our gay community are still struggling to come out because of the homophobia and discrimination that they're getting. I could offer help if I can, as much as I wanted to.

The chances are risky as some activists who challenge the norm still get executed and frown upon by their own society. What can we do to help? I honestly don't know, it's hard to be the hero for someone out there who badly needs help when they just wanted change to happen. That change might be impossible to happen, FOR NOW, but I'm sure that there's gotta be a way. Of course, the gay community or the whole allies would support the change they always wanted. But they should be very careful because of some people would act violently from the things that are still taboo for them.
    Last edited by Cube; 09-21-2019, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Conan
      Conan commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Cube View Post
      The chances are risky as some activists who challenge the norm still get executed and frown upon by their own society. What can we do to help? I honestly don't know, it's hard to be the hero for someone out there who badly needs help when they just wanted change to happen.
      If you're an activist as to some sort, there will always be someone out there who will oppose you. Sadly, it's a never-ending battle that we share with the gay communities all over the world. Somehow, somewhere, the change is slowly making its progress.

• CutieShank
      CutieShank commented
      Editing a comment
      It has always been risky. But time has changed, fortunately. Still, there is still a long way to go before finally the liberty and acceptance would be achieved.

• DurtyDirke
      DurtyDirke commented
      Editing a comment
      Which country are you talking about where they execute gay activist?

The gay community has been getting bolder as time passes by which is actually good. How I wish that the timeline would be shortened in a way that almost all countries would have same good treatment with people who belong to this group. It would be years from now or maybe even never.

Comment

• ThaDude
      ThaDude commented
      Editing a comment
      CutieShank mentioned that there is still a long way to go for each one of us before we finally achieve liberty and acceptance. Consider the other countries that kill gay men because of what? Them being gay. That's already inhumane in such ways. Some people still act like savages but it's not fair if we stay quiet or some of our fellow gays would live in fear hoping that one day all this violence will end.

• Thighler
      Thighler commented
      Editing a comment
      Let's just hope that things would change in those countries that have a conservative population. Like the ones in the Middle East

• Scorpio
      Scorpio commented
      Editing a comment
      Thighler Due to culture and religion, those countries in the Gulf area would have a hard time to adjust liberally. Gay people in those countries would have many difficulties in coming out into the open.

When the world becomes more tolerant and accepting, the community would start to grow and flourish and be supportive of its members. On when that would be, we would not know.

Comment

• MannaMontana
      MannaMontana commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you really think that the planet is not that tolerant yet?

• TylerBurden
      TylerBurden commented
      Editing a comment
      MannaMontana maybe he's thinking that it is not going at the pace that he was expecting
Working...
X