Exercise Frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise Frequency

Hey peeps. I am an exercise freak and want to see where you all are at when it comes to how frequent you should exercise. I personally try to workout at least 4 times a week. I think consistency is the key when it comes to exercise. When you do something over and over again, it becomes a habit and you feel good about it. You also get to see the results as long as you do watch what you eat too. I have been working out now for three years. There are times when I get sick with the flu and it throws me off a little where I have to stay in bed for a few days. Rest is also good for you too. So don't get discouraged when you cannot go back to working out right away after the flu. I make exercise a lifestyle and I think that is the ultimate difference.

I am too lazy for exercise. Walking up the stairs of my apartment, from the parking lot at work and to the grocery store when I have to is enough exercise for me. I work standing on my feet all day and walk back and forth the store. So that too is enough exercise. Doesn't that count too?

Comment

No lazy body...lol! We have to work out if we want to live longer and be healtheir. But when ou workout, you also have to watch what you eat. I used to exercise back in the day and was still eating junk food. At the time, I didn't understand the effect of the right diet. I used to wonder why I wasn't losing weight then. Today, though, I eat right and workout three times a week. I see the results, but now, it has also become a lifestyle for me.

Comment

I believe that working out is good for you period...It is one of the ways to maintain good health. I have high blood pressure. So I have to workout, even though, I don't feel like it. Since I started working out, my blood pressure has gone down. I have to watch my salt intake too, but the exercise sure makes me have less pounding headaches and makes me feel good overall.

Comment

I take exercise as a lifestyle. I used to do it just to lose weight and feel good. Yes, I was overweight once, but now I am not. I worked out to lose the weight and could never see fast results. Now that i started to treat it as a lifestyle and as you say being consistent, it has paid off. Now I am in my best form and so I am planning to lift weights to strenghten those muscles.

Comment

I know exercising is good for me, but damn, I am so tired when I get off work, I just cannot find it in my willpower to go lift up the weights, which I have at home. Yes, I don't have to go to a gym to work out. I even have a glider machine and treadmill too. But once I get home and see that bed, I am all in after eating dinner. I would like to know how you get the willpower to do it. Please tell me! Lol!

Comment

I do some walking, but not all the time. I love the fresh air in the mornings and I love to hear the birds singing in the trees. That is more my reason for walking than actual exercise. I have a walking partner, but sometimes, he doesn't feel like it and I have to go alone and that is not as much fun. So, I may end up not going either, which sucks too. I wish I could be more consistent too.

Comment

Working out is for girls. I lift weights about twice a week and that is enough for me. I don't call that workign out. I call it just lifting iron to build muscles. I don't count calories nor do I have to check how miles I did. That is why I love to lift weights. The runnng and walking is just not for me.

Comment

I am glad that at least some of you love to workout like I do. It is really an important part of life, if you should really ask me. I saw what inactivity did to my mom and she got too overweight to leave the house. So I made up my mind to do what I can to make sure I was in good health.

Comment

Working...
                  X