Christmas Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Holidays

The Christmas Holidays is my best time of the year. I think it is really cool to put the tree and decoration up and see the bright lights shimmering. I love to see the presents under the tree. It brings me back to my younger days when my parents would wait until we went to bed and put the gifts under the tree, waking us up the next morning and lying to us that Santa just dropped them off. Now, I think how hilarious that was. But, I have fond memories of Christmas so I look forward to it. I got a whole lot of gifts to open when I was younger, but nowadays, no one gives me presents. I guess it may be because my parents don't want anything to do with me cause I am gay. That makes me sad cause I miss them and I miss spending the holidays with them too.

It is sad to know that someone would block you from their family because of your lifestyle and that fact that this is your parents makes it so much more difficult. I cannot wait for the Christmas holidays to come around. In fact, I look forward to it as soon as it hits January of the beginning of the year. I literally plan for Christmas then to figure out where I will go or who I will be with on Christmas Day.

Comment

Chrristmas is a time for family and getting together. It is sad when people cannot go home and be with family and friends. I remember Christmas as a child was really cool with my family too man. I used to see my auntie and mother drinking hot chocolate on Christmas morning and watching us open our presents. I loved it so much. I hope I can get to go home this Christmas.

Comment

The holidays are amazing, from Thanksgiving to Christmas, I enjoy both. It just brings so many people together, whether they are family or just friends. My family lives out of town and so it is not easy for me to travel so far because of the expense. I dont' like to travel either. So most of the time, my family will come to me. I feel so bad, but that is the way it has worked out so far. I may have to go this time.

Comment

It really comes down to how you feel about your family and friends during the holidays. If you have a good relationship, then all the more power. If you don't, it can get really very sad. I happen to have a good relationship with all my family members. They have come to embrace my lifestyle and just love me for who I am and so I don't have to explain why I don't have a girlfriend or why I am not yet married cause that is usually the conversation at every family Christmas dinner. I am so glad I don't have to go through that.

Comment

For me, Christmas is a time of love, friendships and just getting together and sharing gifts as well as time with each other. I don't have to travel far for Christmas. Most of my fmaily members are living in my city. I enjoy my mother's Christmas dinner. I also love the smell of cake when she is baking for Christmas. That is what I remember most. It used to wake me up...that smell of cake as soon as she puts it in the oven. Wow..Christmas man is really cool.

Comment

Nothing grabs my attention more than Christmas every year. I look forward to it too cause that is the time when I have my birthday. So we end up having my birthday party during Christmas, which I always thought was off the chain. I would get presents for Christmas and presents for my birthday. I still do get presents from friends for both times of the year. It is a win-win situation for me. So why would't I love Christmas.

Comment

Yes, Christmas is memorable and fun, if you have a nice family and friends to share it with. I agree that if you and your family don't see eye to eye, it can be so awkward, uncomfortable and not a happy time. I appreciate all your comments guys.

Comment

Working...
                X