Meeting New People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting New People

I am not too good at meeting new people because of my shyness, I would say and because I am easily intimidated by someone who is more handsome than me, has a nicer car or job than me and pretty much doing better than me in life. So I retreat a lot. This forum is a big step for me. I am so introverted and deal with all my feelings from the inside. I hope I made the right decision in coming on this forum to seek the help I need to get out of this shy spot and meet some new people who are enjoying the same lifestyle and don't have to be worried about communicating with others like I do. I guess now that I am behind the scenes on this forum, the real ME will come out.

Don't worry, you are not the only one who is shy. I am too. It took me a long time to come out of the closet. I was worried about how others would see me. I was so worried about it. My parents did not take it well and that even made it worse for me. I was devastated that they didn't accept me and so I thought how would other people accept me then. So I went back into that shyness, being afraid of letting peole know I was gay. It worked for a while, but I couldn't get to meet people the way I wanted to. My shyness kind of blighted the prospect and I ended up being lonely a lot. So, I understand you. I get it.

Comment

You came to the right place. by the time, we are done with you, shyness is gonna go out the door. Most of us cannot afford to be shy or we wouldn't be able to meet on a level where hooking up comes easy. So, we will help you to get over your shyness. Don't worry about a thing. You are in good hands.

Comment

I was shy too for a while and what helped me was not only good friends and the gay community, but this forum. I love the people here because they make you feel welcomed. So, you will feel that way too. You won't feel as if you are alone anymore. We will make it worth your while and encourage you when you feel like going back into your little turtle shell. You are gonna meet people all aroung you that will make you think about your shyness. But, we are here to help you overcome all of that so you can start meeting good people.

Comment

Shyness is in all of us. Well, that is what I think. We have something inside that tells us sometimes not to open up to someone. Or could that be distrust. I think it is both. Your shyness sometimes protect you from unscrupulous people who want to take advantage of you. So, let your shyness be your ultimate guide, I think cause you have to protect yourself sometimes.

Comment

It is OK to be shy as long as you know when not to be shy. There are gonna be times when you meet someone who makes you feel comfortable enough not to be shy. Does that make sense? Yes, some people know how to make you feel relaxed. Even though, that is rare, you have to have an open mind when it comes to people and let them prove themselves. I know that is easy for me to say, but we are here to encourage you and give you the right advice.

Comment

I was always shy growing up because kids used to tease me cause I was different. I was always a loner cause I had to play with myself a lot while I was young. Since I came to terms with y gayness, I realize that I cannot be so shy anymore or I am going to end up so lonely. So I started to go out to gay clubs to meet people. And I noticed that a few drinks will relax me and allow me to open up to the guys who approached me. I hink you could try that sometimes. But also reach out to us on this forum and we could meet up with you or schedule a video chat where we can give more advice. Think about it!

Comment

I feel you. I been there. I know what you talking about and so I just ask that you meet one person at a time. That will be more helpful and less intimidating. And try to meet someone who is low keyed and less threatening to you. There are those people out there. You shouldn't let handsome men, fast cars and money cause you to retreat into your little cave. You have to find ways to build your confidence. Some of those same men are also shy and using their assets to make it look as if they are not. So don't let that worry you. Just be genuine. You cannot lose with that. 🤜

Comment

I don't let no one intimidate me. I am not shy about telling you a piece of my mind. I am not shy in meeting people because I am so direct. So, I can't identify with what you are saying, but to each his own. People are born shy and some get shy when they know that there is something to be shy about. I don't know all the specifics. But all I know is that you can overcome shyness by being around people who will help you to feel comfortable in your own skin. That is my two cents.

Comment

I really appreciate the love from all of you. Thanks for giving me that advice. Now I am glad I signed up here and I think I will be OK. Thanks again guys. I look forward to your help.

Comment

First of all it's great that you found a community you can be open to. Second, don't stress so much about confidence, a lot of us get shy and intimidated. Everyone experiences shyness once in a while, some people are just better at hiding it. So just be yourself and you will meet someone who will love you for you

Comment

Maybe because you're different? Heck! we're all different and that's what makes us special i guess. It's always scary meeting new people but that's also part of the fun

Comment

everyone has their shy moments, it's more common than you think. Relax and imagine that the new people you're meeting are long time friends, you'll be more confident and won't run out of thing s to talk about

Comment

Working...
                          X