Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's important not to write too much about yourself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's important not to write too much about yourself....

recently i've come across a few profiles on Manplay that had way too much info! i mean almost fell asleep while reading some of them. people really should ask themselves if someone is going to spend so much time reading that much. specially a complete stranger. you don't have to write that much stuff in my opinion. i agree that more details you have, more a person can find out about you, but you can omit less important stuff. i ran a search last night n went through the profiles. i found three profiles like that. i think a world limit has to be introduced. with the way some people write, it's hard to find important details from a profile too. plus it takes such a long time!

That's so true!!! I've seen a few profiles like that too. But I don't think the site can really do much about that. It's up to the members to make sure that they write only the interesting stuff. There's no need to go on about your family, friends, pets or whatever. People aren't interested in all that at that point. They just want to find out what kinda person you are and that's it. So providing on the info that's needed to do that is going to help.

Comment

@Dean_C exactly!! i''ve come to a point where i just skip any profile that shows a lot of text. i mean i just can't be bothered anymore haha

Comment

There are people who aren't good at summarizing by the looks of it lol On a more serious note, I think there's an issue like that. People need to understand where they got to stop. You can't go on all day talking about yourself. They can avoid stuff like that if they look at other profiles on Manplay. That's what I did. I knew exactly what I should write and roughly how much I should write.

Comment

I always skim through profiles, so I haven't faced this issue it doesn't really mater if the member has written to much or too little. I would be skimming through all that.

Comment

@GreggXXX but i guess it's easier to skim through a profile where the member has described himself using a small number of words rather than doing the same on a profile with way too much info. you might spend more time on a profile and end up not liking the person and decide not to talk to him. that means all the time you spend on that profile is lost.

Comment

You don't need to put a lot of your information about yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X